• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot Power Series UTT is here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hi Guys,

After the much anticipated arrival, I got a chance to test these things out. Not bad, but I'll get into that in a sec. Here are the modules and what they came in.

patriot1.JPG

patriot2.JPG

The ram is on the Brain Power B6U808. I am not certain, but I believe these are the BH Type utt. I really don't know though. I will do some low voltage testing in a little bit.

Next post will be some results.

-Collin-

Please forgive me for the large pics here guys.

Anyway, First test is looking pretty good. I think 250mhz is a good number to start at. May be a little high, but I usually frown upon UTT that cannot do 250mhz at respectable timings. This stuff really takes voltage to get kicking, so it MAY be the CH type. It took 3.6 volts to get this stable at 250mhz 1.5-2-2-3. It gets pretty warm, but nothing I would call scorching. Besides, the patriot rep says to give it whatever voltage I have, so I plan to do so.

patriot3.JPG

More testing to come!

-Collin-

Looking good Ninja, I wish i would've knew this before I got my Value VX. That's sorta a lot of volts for just 250FSB though.

Cant wait for my 3200 redline to get here! Its been siting at the airport for a day now, I wont get to play till tommorow, which just so happens to be a day before my calculus exam :(

So is it Bh-5 or CH-5? I might have to get some of this stuff. BH-5 doesn't boot at a 3 CAS, you could always try that as a test to see which one it is.

OK, it is BH type UTT. The reason I know this is that it is totally memtest clean at 200mhz 2-2-2-5 at 2.7v. CH cant do 200mhz at anything less than 3 volts, and it usually takes 3.1v from my experience. This may be a good thing that it is BH type. All the early deaths I have seen have been on the CH type.

More testing later tonight!

-Collin-

I guessed correctly.:D Looking good so far..... let's see if it can keep up with my BH-die TwinMOS sticks.

ShaftedTwice said:
Someone say 260MHz 2-2-2-8? Patriot RAM, here I come!

It will do 260mhz at 1.5-2-2-5 at 3.7-3.8v. Geez, I need to burn this stuff in. I don't feel comfortable with that voltage. :)

-Collin-

Doesn't Patriot warranty the power series regardless of the voltage? I doubt they'd have done that if it wouldn't take four volts with a smile.

Back