• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help I can't overclock my Celeron 733

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dread

I have a Asus P2b ver 1012 mlb I installed a celeron 733fcpga
batch Q105A706. I used a slot1 converter. the PC will not boot on any bus speed setting except 66mhz so I can't overclock it. It will boot to 733mhz even if the bus speed jumper is off. Is the bus speed locked?

I don't think Intel has figured out how to lock the FSB. What slocket adapter are you using, and what FSB are you trying, what are the other parts of your putter, it may not be your CPU holding you back. One more thing the CII 733 is not a verry frendly O/Cer.

Very strange... even a 733 will OC a little bit with a small FSB increase and your mobo is quite good, no locked FSB's - no such thing as far as I know :) I would also say maybe your slocket is a bit dodgy... I have a 733 Celly, doin 1.1GHz... Abit BF6 mobo, cheapo slocket, Alpha PEP66 cooler etc etc

I have had 3 different 733 MHz celeries. All of them reach between 1045 MHz and 1090 MHz. I have had good luck with these CPUs. As Storm suggested, I doubt it is the CPU.

Dave

Thanks for the responses.
I have tried a new Asus slot 1 adapter with the same result. When I power up It act like it's posting and the hdd spinup but no video. I set the jumpers on the adapter to auto and use the MLB jumpers to set the FSB. I have tried 75mhz,83mhz even tried underclocking it but no luck. I tried different voltages too. My video is Geforce2 mx 64. did the same thing witha voodoo2.
I had a pII 233 in the same mlb and I was able to overclock it.
Dave could you tell me how you did it?
Thanks
Dread

Back