• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD K6 233MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Craig_Kent_UK

I have an AMD K6 233MHz that i am trying to overclock on a Lucky Star 5mvp3 (Rev 1.4) Mobo...Ive downloaded the manual for this MoBo and looked at all the jumper settings for it....but i still cant get it the processor to run @ 300MHz.
1) Is the K6 overclockable??
2) Can i increase the bus speed to 100MHz when its set at only 66MHz at moment??
3) can someone tell me what im doing wrong???

The MoBo manual states that the biggest CPU that will go into it is a 300MHz - ive been told i can go more but id just like to try it at 300MHz for now.
If anyone who has had aK6 233MHz and overclocked it, can they tell me how they did it please??

PS. Im new to overclocking!
Many thanx in advance :)
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I don't own, and don't own a K6 233 but I can say it for sure that the K6s aren't good overclockers at all... My K6-III 400 will do only 450 w/ a reasonable Vcore 2.7 (stock is 2.4V).
Did you try upping the Vcore? If you have a PC-100 RAM you could try and get the FSB higher than the 66Mhz you have, i.e 75 or 83 before the 100.

PS: You should read the begginers guide somewhere on the front page... Remember of good cooling (better heatsink + fan) if you up the Vcore on the CPU & even if u don't :).

Last edited:
you should probably start lower too, try going for something like 250mhz rather than just jumping in at 300

Back