• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Razer Diamondback Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
IMG_2029.jpg

I hope this mouse is as nice as the box is LOL.. Not to mention that it comes with a free neoprine case for the mouse!

IMG_2030.jpg

Mmmmmm....so pretty.

IMG_2031.jpg

Upskirt shot for the pervs here.

Overall Im HIGHLY impressed with this mouse. There are alot of things that make me like this over my previous mouse. One of the immediate things that a buyer will feel is the raised arch on this mouse.

Unlike my other mouse that would require you to rest your hand on it. This has a large arch on the rear of the mouse that forces the user to rest only the tips of their fingers on the mouse. One would think it would feel ackward but it is suprisingly comfortable.

In addition this mouse has two large non-stick black pads on the primary 2 buttons. The best I can describe it is that it feels like putting your hand on 2000 grit sandpaper.

The mouse itself has 7 buttons overall: Left Click, Right Click. Left and right side squeeze buttons, up and down scroll with a center button.

One of the things I immediately noticed was how sensitive it was. It was SO sensitive that I had to turn it down in windows by half because with it at the former setting I could barely click anything. This is in part due to its highly powerful laser that uses apparentally 1600DPI.

While I cannot confirm that figure I will say this, the laser is so strong that it can control the mouse with 100% accuracy while lifted almost a full inch off the mouse pad.... :eek:

The only issue I have had so far with this mouse was the initial installation. Unlike other laser mice you actually have to manually install this one. Windows will not automatically pick it up. You will need to put the CD in and manually use the Windows key + tab to get it going. Other than that it has been trouble free.

If you guys needed a mouse like I did... this is a damn fine choice!

Last edited:
I'll be interested in hearing this. I just didn't want to have to shell out the extra $10 so I got a Logitec MX518. But sometimes it's dangerous hearing what you missed out on ;).

Rotarian_SC said:
I'll be interested in hearing this. I just didn't want to have to shell out the extra $10 so I got a Logitec MX518. But sometimes it's dangerous hearing what you missed out on ;).
uploaded and done!

its not a laser mouse, its just regular LED optical.

the new razer copperhead will be infared laser, though.

look into changing your USB polling rate to slow the mouse down a bit instead of decreasing the sensitivity.

Ah, the Razer Diamondback. Since you made a review for that, i'm gonna make a review for my MX518 :D

Good review, I know what you mean about the sensitivity. What I like about mine is I can adjust on the fly, and when I had it turned all the way up I made 5 laps of the computer screen just trying to get it centered lol

Rattle said:
I want one.

I use the intellimouse now and that is the best "cheap mouse" i think.

That razor looks nice.

I have gone through 8 or 9 intellimice... THAT'S RIGHT!!! They broke down every 2-3 months on the average for me, and I had microsoft replace them so many times... there came a point where I couldn't wait for the replacement and ended up buying OEM ones from the egg for like $29.

So for the past several months I've been using the MX510, and I freakin' love it. I don't see how 1600dpi ones are better, but I'll have to try it in the future. I've bought I think 5 or 6 MX510s... I gave away a couple to my cousins and a couple to my 2 brothers, and I have 2 for myself... one for backup. :) I put the mouseskatez on all of them and kaboom counter-strike pwnage!!!

I hope you guys couple your mice with good mousepads... it really makes a huge difference, especially with mouseskatez on 'em. I showed a few OCF guys at Fishy's Lan and they were amazed as to how smooth my setup was with my Steelpad 3S, MX510, and nifty skatez.

I hope to test your mouse out someday, Sen... unless I just buy the MX518... but I'm happy with my 510 for now.

razer will also send you new mouse feet free of charge when yours wear out.

i don't know of a time limit, but i'm sure if you make like 2 requests every month, they'll get suspicious.

Heh, I don't like the stock feet on most mice. Including the Razer and the Logitech feet. I always need some sort of teflon mouse-skates (I am biased towards XTrac Eels, as my mousepad is an XTrac Pad)... Though I haven't invested in mouse skates for my MX518... yet :D

My review is coming up.

g0dm@n: If you're coming up to Dugan's LAN, and I'm able to come, you can test out the 518. The 1600dpi is definately a HUGE jump up from a standard MS Intellimouse sensor, but I don't think it will be a large jump from 800dpi (though there still will be a noticable jump).

I understand... but that must cost them a lot to keep doing that... I'd need to do it every 1-2 moths... well, when I used to play a lot more.

That's why I mentioned that nice mice should be coupled with nice padz!!!

Back