• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Water cooling, gimme parts list!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For a waterblock, if you have the money, get the Swiftech Storm. Great block, from what ive seen people get low 30s high 20s for temps. Then for a rad get a BIX2 or BIX3 if you have the money/room. As for pump an MCP655, maybe even two. The storm block loves pressure.

Thats pretty much top of the line stuff, if you want cheaper things you could get something like a Swiftech 6002 or a DD TDX. You are still going to want a dual rad/HC since you are cooling your video card aswell.

Ok, ill see if i can get them
and its for both if possible, but mainly for the X2 setup, which im gunna buy mayby later, soon mayby, as soon as DFI cleen up their Lanparty UT NF3 Ultra

I read the stickies, but ask anyway, coz some of the stickies could be outdated, so i ask anyway

And any other suggestions?
and if possible, any australian ppl here, plz tell me where a good dealer is in aus for these parts, pref in VIC otherwise i hav to get it shipped

Last edited:
Ow yea, i am looking for an internal one preferably

as in everything being inside or strapped onto the case, radiator n all

And i also want it to be $200 AUD or less, thats like $180 USD or so, i think less than $180 would be good

Last edited:
first off to tackle a few points I don't like:

1) Never talk in temps! They vary a lot and depend on a lot of factors such as ambient temp, radiator, tubing, routing of the tubing, other blocks, pump and others

2) Dual mcp655's are not needed and provide little benefit. Please look at this comparison (swiftech storm = storm G4). Also you need a larger rad because combined they add 48W of heat to the loop.

Now I recommend you Voodoo Rufus' top parts of the month guide: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=369416 and then get back to us with more specific questions. Also please read this. And finally please read this.

ls7corvete: please read the entire thread his last question isn't answered in your link or well in searches.

the MCW6002 is about the same with low flow as the STORM however in the higher flow applications the STORM takes a nice lead. If you look at the procooling page I linked you to (lower is better) you can see what happens.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
ok ok

I have in mind, the MCW6000A
Swiftech MCP655
I dont know which radiator
Gimme recommendations of tubing (like local hardware shop any tubing) and size

and any other parts i need?

Didn't your parents teach you any manners? "Gimme" seems rude and inpatient. A please never hurt anyone :p.

As far as a radiator goes head down to your local auto parts store and ask for a chevette heatercore (although I do not know if they sell chevettes in australia). I know weapon sells some rather nice rads here in the forums with kick-*** shrouds to go along with them.

Ad Rock said:
Didn't your parents teach you any manners? "Gimme" seems rude and inpatient. A please never hurt anyone :p.

As far as a radiator goes head down to your local auto parts store and ask for a chevette heatercore (although I do not know if they sell chevettes in australia). I know weapon sells some rather nice rads here in the forums with kick-*** shrouds to go along with them.

:p

well anyway, ill see what i can do about the radiator

so what about the size of tubes?

what size would it be?

I'm with everyone else. Read the stickies, look through the threads available, and run some searches through the forums. That's what the "search" box is for.

We get these threads every week, and while I'm not against answering questions, I am against spoon-feeding people the answers.

There's no point in getting into watercooling if you don't have a decent grasp of how it works and what each part will do for you, and the vast majority of answers to those questions can be found in the stickies.

If you come up with questions that the stickies are vague on or don't fully address, please, ask them. :)

Ok, im just gunna find sum cheap clear 1/2 tubing from my local bunnings wearhouse or something

So, how does it look so far
Swiftek MCW6002A
MC655 (depends on price, mayby 2, coz i need good flow)
Any old hosing from local crap trap :D
Radiator, i would prob look for a pre built one, any recommendations that are under $80?
Any any reccomendations on a VGA waterblock?

Back