• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Water cooling, gimme parts list!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, you could always try a car radiator. I can't fit mine inside my case since it's far too big, but it should be easy enough to find a smaller one (from a hatchback for example). A transmission cooler may also be worth a look.

1/2" ID tubing is what I would recommend, as it tends to be commonly used.
As well as that, cheap tubing will kink easily and it'll get on your nerves when you're trying to route the godforsaken stuff through your case. Get some decent tubing (Thick walled preferably) or use sleeving to stop the tubing from kinking.

In the end, these are just some of my recommendations and as the others have pointed out - read the stickies. If you're going custom, you have to do the research.

If the bonneville won't mount in your case, look around for Black Ice radiators or Thermochill radiators. A 120mm rad is necessary, a 2x 120mm rad is recommended. Those are listed in the monthly parts list as well.

dangerden maze 4 gpu is the best gpu block ATM. Now you do not need more than one MCP655 because the MCW6002 does not improve much with more flow so one is even overkill in my opinion. Also go with the 1977 Pontiac Bonneville with a/c heatercore

For the money, the Maze4 gpu (and mcw50, they're pretty close performance and price wise) is a great choice. But if you have the money and aren't phased by a quirky mounting system, the Silverprop Fusion HL outperforms all other commercial gpu blocks.

Heater cores are still the best price/performance, but Danger Den has the BIP2 for $36 and BIX2 for $58, so commercial radiators are becoming much more reasonable pricewise, and have the advantages of easier mounting and fitting, fan mounts, and availability.

Last edited:
chunkeymunkey25 said:
For the money, the Maze4 gpu (and mcw50, they're pretty close performance and price wise) is a great choice. But if you have the money and aren't phased by a quirky mounting system, the Silverprob Fusion HL outperforms all other commercial gpu blocks.

Heater cores are still the best price/performance, but Danger Den has the BIP2 for $36 and BIX2 for $58, so commercial radiators are becoming much more reasonable pricewise, and have the advantages of easier mounting and fitting, fan mounts, and availability.

chunkey: Do you have any sources for what you are saying about the Fusion HL? I have not heard it be a better performer. Also the Maze 4 is less restrictive with the new high flow top. Also the Maze 4 costs about half of what the Fusion HL does so even if it is better and I can't see that its still not worth it IMHO.

Sewer: Check the top Sticky in the Water Cooling section. It is the community's general opinion that the Fusion HL will perform slightly better than the Maze4 gpu and mcw50, but there have been no reviews of the Fusion HL by Overclockers, ProCooling, Systemcooling, or anywhere for that matter after looking through many pages of Google results. I would suggest the Maze4 gpu as well, but it is not the absolute best gpu block out there. Just a degree or two "worse" than the Fusion HL.

What's the flowrate through the Fusion HL? In my opinion, the priority for GPU and NB waterblocks should be high flowrates, not the best temperatures...at least as long as we're talking about a 1-2* C difference.

chunkey: first off thats the authors opinion (on what he recommends) and no one elses. Second of all he even says there is a lack of reliable testing and he recommends that one above others because the barbs are higher (which is a big plus) and its quality. He does not say it performs better.

Back