• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Sticky anwhere?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lXlFUSElXl

I cant seem to find a psu sticky that gives you a good overview of a psu and what it all means.

Please send me the sticky link or other links please

hagrid said:
Yeah they put it in a weird spot. Its at the top of this forum..... :shrug:

Look again. You will see that there is no sticky explaining what a PSU is and how it works!

@ |XlFUSElXl: I dont see one anywhere. Your best bet would be to google it and try to find some info. Who nows, maybe you could write a sticky for this! :) Good luck.

millhouse said:
Look again. You will see that there is no sticky explaining what a PSU is and how it works!

@ |XlFUSElXl: I dont see one anywhere. Your best bet would be to google it and try to find some info. Who nows, maybe you could write a sticky for this! :) Good luck.
I assume he wanted info on them, specifically wattages, best ones, etc.

I doubt he wanted information on what a PSU is and how it works, maybe he can clarify.

I want just want to understand what im lookin at when im going to buy a psu....

take a look at the 12v rail if your overclocking since most of the new cpus require alot of 12vs.

Do not buy dual 12v railed psus since they suck at overclocking and aren't all that great.
If you want to organize your wires the lazy mans way you can get a modular, if you are pro at wire organization then you would have no problem with a standard wired psu.

Take a look at the cooling as well. Most psus have that covered but some psus have thermally activated fan like mine.

Back