• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program to stop FAH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
I remember a while back I read that someone here had written a program that would stop an FAH client if another process needed the CPU power. Can someone point me in the direction of this software. I want to use it so I cna run the quad install on my dual xeon rig and not have to worry about having to go in and stop a client manualy or worry about when someon else uses my comp, and it doesn't respon.

While it does step back, it isn't as instantaneous as some would like, possibly causing lag in some games. It also doesn't release the ram, so it you're folding two QMDs on a rig with 1 GB, you might notice the effects of having 1/2 your ram tied up by FAH and another 1/4 of it by the OS. It doesn't take a lot to eat up that remaining 256 MB these days. I've not had to turn FAH off on sig rig #4 when gaming but I'm not folding QMDs with it either.

Tks again ChasR!!

hmm.... that would make me rethink on the configuration of the P4 820 rig now. since it only has a gb of ram but will be using for video encoding mainly..... :rolleyes:

Back