• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will the fortron blue storm be enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bLack0ut

Will the fortron blue storm be able to power x2 3800 and 2gs of ram on a dfi board? just ask for more info if thats not enough

And say I had my pc running 3dmark2005, how many fans could I plug into a molex connector and still have them run at full power? Using blue storm?

where are you going with these questions?

You are using a 5v based board, and your fans are drawing from the 12v. There will be some cross voltage issues. At most, you would use about 30 or so, as that will give you roughly around 10A usage. You have to account for other things as well, like hard drives, cdroms, etc.

And exactly which BlueStorm are you referring to? I won't assume which model you are referring to.

If you are using the Bluestorm AX-500A:
I have 5 fans on a single Molex connector. Absolutely zero problems :)
Other components include 3 x HDD's, 1 x 6800GT, A64 Venice 3200 @1.62V, 4 other case fans :D

Aye, supernade thats the one im talking about, but do dual cores (x2) pull more power?

Back