• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP 1800+ without PITS!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brainiac88

Check it out...

Since there are no pits, then the pencil trick will work right?

*This post edited by Forum Moderator*

We do not permit advertising of any kind in our forums. Please read the Forum Guide, which can be found at the top of each board, for a listing of our rules.

Thelemac

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree... look at that chip in the picture... you can see dust on it... hmmmmmm.... like my dad always says... "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is"

the price is definately right.

as for the pic, they do kinda look dirty when you first get them. (at least mine did when you looked at it REALLY close)

plus, it has pits in other places. but maybe that one just doesnt have pits on the L1 bridges.

could it be an MP 1800+?? thats really cheap for one of them though... who knows.

I know almost nothing about these chips. But I do contain an average amount of common sense.

Why is he selling this chip. It's obviously used, look at the white thermal grease...

10 to 1 says it's fried.

yeah, but all that for $200? nah... they would rather say they have an unlocked P4 2.0ghz or something. $200 is nothing when you think about it. (fraud, etc..)

The top corner of the core has a good wear mark or nick in it...see it? (bottom right corner of pic) I think the "dust" you're refering to may be left over heatsink paste. I can never get all of it off when I make a bad wipe. There's a ton of hsf paste on the sides of the core.

I believe that the chances of unlocked XP's is probably good but I don't think I'd buy this one w/o a warranty!

I've read rumors of these without the pits, but I'd be very leery of this one...

That sure does look like a chipped corner to me. Besides, if it is a true "un-pitted" XP 1800+, why sell it? That chip would fetch far more than "Buy It Now" for $250, don't you think??

There might be something to the thought that it's fried.....

If that's the case, this guy deserves a couple more broken cores....:mad:

I wouldn't buy this chip without a warranty. No way.

I think he was gonna bid on it til we mentioned it looked "fishy".

Might have just saved him a couple of hundred though....

;)

Back