• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual barton mods?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobbyseatbelt

Registered
ok, so i got my s2462 (thunder k7) up and running w/ 2x 1900 Palomino's that didn't require any mods. its great and all but i have 2 2500+ desktop bartons just sitting on my desk that i want to slap in there. i understand that im going to need to close the last L5 to make them MP's, but i have one problem. one is a brown package and the other is green.

i've heard that the green packages are much harder to bridge mod than the brownies. does anyone have any tips for success? i've read at fab51 to just fill the entire pit w/ conductive paint on the new packages. is this applicable for both the green and brown packages, or just the green?

i've also verified that both are pre week 39 03' procs, and multi unlocked. but my question is, will i need to do any other mods to change the multi's above 13x via wire socket/pin mod? ideally i would like to run them 15x~17x * 133. i would like to do as little bridge modding as possible as i prefer the pin mod method for simplicity.

does anyone have any experience doing this with these procs (NON-mobile) or have any tips regarding this board?

(here's a pic for reference to the green pcb):

xptrace.jpg

yeah, im a lurker and read a lot of the stickies already. i got the L5's done on both cpu's no problem at all first try =)

didn't use any tape or pit filler or any of that crap. just cleaned w/ alcohol, scrapped pit w/ razor, painted using needle and fogger paint, put both cpu's in a lamp about 5 inches from the bulb for 5mins and plugged them in.

"Athlon (tm) Processor 1466Mhz"
"2 Processor(s) Detected"

pulled them back out and pin modded the sockets for 15x and put them back in:

"Athlon (tm) Processor 2000Mhz"
"2 Processor(s) Detected"

took about 1 & 1/2 hours including prep, tear down, mods, put everything back together and cleanup.

summery:

tyan thunder k7 s2462
2x 2500+ barton XP's @ 15x133
4x 512mb ecc reg

blahblahblah. runs much smoother than the old 1900+'s (palomino) that were in there before..

did the same thing went from palys to bartons the bartons were harder in the amount of work i did to get tme to work but the mods were easyer due to experience, deffinately worth it

its a grate sence of achivement geting that done. Congratulations!

Back