• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nF4-D jumpers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gig-O-Ram

When I finally go to set up my build, am I going to have to alter any of the jumper settings on the board, or are they on default settings so that I can just move ahead with hooking it up and doing the OS install?

I am probably not going to do the 4V DRAM thing at first (if at all), so I know I will leave it alone, or change it back to 1-2 if it's not already.

I was just curious about any of the other jumpers.

The board comes with the SLI jumpers in the non-SLI position. Just make sure they are placed so. Also, if you plan to use less than 3.3V, DO NOT USE THE 4V JUMPER!
You could blow something up if you do :)

Super Nade said:
The board comes with the SLI jumpers in the non-SLI position. Just make sure they are placed so. Also, if you plan to use less than 3.3V, DO NOT USE THE 4V JUMPER!
You could blow something up if you do :)

Do you mean I should take the 4V jumper off the board entirely? Or should I just leave it in the default setting (in other words, as it is and just not even touch it?)

Leave the jumper on pins 1-2 setting for memory voltage from 3.3volt power supply rail. I d*mn sure would not take it off and throw it away and have any power to the board. I never have power even to power supply when fooling with settings since the 5V standby can still affect the board anywhere it is when arcing it to ground.

RGone...

Gig-O-Ram said:
Do you mean I should take the 4V jumper off the board entirely? Or should I just leave it in the default setting (in other words, as it is and just not even touch it?)

No. Don't take it off, but ensure that it remains in the position where < 3.3 V is supplied, i.e across the first and second rows of pins. Your manual will have a pictoral representation. If you still have questions, I can mark it explicitly for you. :)

hoho:
You have to move the 4V DRAM Jumper to covers rows 2 and 3. A picture is available in your manual. Also, don't blindly bump up the VDRAM without optimizing other settings. You can use the stable settings thread in my sig as a base reference. I will post several new settings (with different kinds of BH) once my Opty 165 arrives.

Back