• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered a Big Typhoon...plus this is my first post!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gee Ram

Hi everyone,

I just ordered a Thermaltake Big Typhoon. I was going to get the XP-120 or SI 120, but then I saw the BT and it came with a fan for the same price...plus I can use it as a boat anchor when it's obsolete;)

I read a bunch of your posts about the Ninja something or other, but that wasn't available through my normal distributor.

Hopefully this thing gets me to 2.8 and beyond. Yee haw!

Graeme

P.S. This is my first post!

WELCOME Gee Ram!!! :welcome:

The Typhoon should serve you well. It is a top performer. I seen some really good results from members using it. It has even tamed a Prescott into cooling submission. So your CPU will be in a very happy temprature range.

Welcome Gee Ram, that Typhoon should do you right! I usually frequent the folding Team threads, but I'm over here in Cooling looking for advice for a HSF for my new rig. Oh, I'm feeling a thread-highjack coming on...I gotta go now! :cool:

Good job on the Typhoon. Despite the views of some, the Typhoon is currently regarded as the best aircooling solution on the market; however, it is a bit of a pain to install, so be prepared to exercise some patience with that DFI motherboard.

If you need help installing, please contact me and I'll give you a hand.

deception``

Despite the views of some, the Ninja is currently regarded as the best aircooling solution on the market.... Same sentence but from a different point of view. Truth is, as far as I am concerned, BT and Ninja are the top dogs right now.
Let us know how it does for you specially with before and after temp numbers (dont forget ambient temp).

shaolin95 said:
Despite the views of some, the Ninja is currently regarded as the best aircooling solution on the market.... Same sentence but from a different point of view. Truth is, as far as I am concerned, BT and Ninja are the top dogs right now.
Let us know how it does for you specially with before and after temp numbers (dont forget ambient temp).

A Ninja with a few Deltas may cool better by a degree or so, but it cannot match the cooling-to-noise ratio of the Big Typhoon....

16dBA is virtually inuadible, and many believe that sound levels should play a factor when justing a cooling solution.

deception``

KillrBuckeye said:
I love my Big Typhoon, and I had no trouble with the installation. Maybe I was just lucky? :shrug:

The DFI NF4 boards use a non-standard backplate, so an alternate install method is necessary on those boards.

deception``

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I will definately let you know temps before and after.

Yea...I heard the Ninja was good, but I couldn't get it so I didn't consider it.

I read somewhere else that all you do to install on a DFI board is remove the DFI backplate, and install one of the metal adapter plates, that you are not using, that come with the typhoon.

Or at least I hope it's that easy ;)

Back