• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moniter FAH on another PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tenchi86

Hello, I am going to try and install FAH on my friends PC this weekend(he said I could). Though he does not want to be bothered with it. So it is my job to maintain it. Is their anyway I can moniter like EMIII and FAH in general from my computer? Would a firewall block me? I was thinking maybe I could use a RAT, though I don't even know of any good free ones now.(besides Back Orifice which may be hard to get the antivirus and firewall to not block.)

Last edited:
You could always setup a small webserver and host the log on said webserver. There will be more replies :).

- Jim

Will look, if worse comes to worse I can try DO2K. I think I can remember enough basic onfo to get it to work. Only problem is last I remember you couldnt view text files or anything, just edit data, though I probably just forgot.

assuming it is runing xp i think you can set up remote assistance to let you in. A freind does this to support his mother.

To conquer the firewalll problem he told me he uses msn messenger to enble this.

I have not tried it (yet) or asked him for details.

Not sure what setup options are possible with remote assistance ... i think it requires the person on the machine being monitored to accept the remote assitance but you may be able to set some unnattended mode too?

Another thought is something like VNC ... assume you would need to figure out a port to punch through the firewall to allow it in depending on firewall.

what ever you do, make sure neither you, nor any hackers can invade their privacy!

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

I am be trying this soon ... i am going to upgrade my nephews p3 1G with one of my decent p4 folders for xmas ... and his mom says he already leaves it on 724 so i want to make sure i can monitor a 500+ ppd farm animal remotely.

Right now that EM Server looks like it may work just fine. Also the reason I am thinking not remoate assistance is like you said he has to except. So I was thinking right now I am either going to try BO2k which is basically a more bare bones version of remote assistance and does not require persmission from the user, or EM server. I will try them this weekend hopefully.

Back