• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

If the FX57's and the other FX series CPUs are around $1,000, will the FX60 be around $2,000!?

no, the FX-60 will prolly be around 1200 or so at introduction with street being a few dollars less. remember, this is AMD's TOP margin CONSUMER part, so...pricing will be gargantuan.

dave

We are *supposed* to get a few of these pretty soon, and I think our price will fall around $1150 or so, depending on my supplier price.

Well compared to the FX-57, the FX-60 should be considered cheap. The FX-57 is a single core, and it's priced at $1000ish, while the dual core FX-60 is $1100-1200, only $200 more for a dual core FX.

what i had explained to me today is that AMD always drops pricing levels by 1 (i.e. in respect to the next processor "down" in the lineup) with any new product introduction in a particular section (consumer, value, enterprise). I'm under an NDA as of today regarding FX60s and stuff, but suffice it to say, any comparison of previous price drops in the FX series upon a new processor introduction should prove reasonably close to what will happen.

:)

how's that for being vague?

dave

lol that would be funny :p

but i would love to get one but i would rather have the 30 inch dell monitor instead .. i guess i can live with my 170 opty for now

dave_graham said:
what i had explained to me today is that AMD always drops pricing levels by 1 (i.e. in respect to the next processor "down" in the lineup) with any new product introduction in a particular section (consumer, value, enterprise). I'm under an NDA as of today regarding FX60s and stuff, but suffice it to say, any comparison of previous price drops in the FX series upon a new processor introduction should prove reasonably close to what will happen.

:)

how's that for being vague?

dave
NDA...*shakes my fist at you*...I wish I was under NDA... :D :D

IWasHungry said:
I think the answer here is:
"Too much to buy"
Go look in Extreme Cooling and tell me that again. :rolleyes: :D

damn 1,080 .. not bad .. if i could get 3ghz - 3.1 on air .. i would buy it

only thing is the FX 60 seems to be something like a handpicked excellent stepped opty 16X/170, I don't think it has any new design tweaks, so as far as I can see unless your budget is unlimited it would be better to spend the cash on a watercooled DFI expert (for a sky high HTT), a 170 and a phase change CPU cooler.

well the FXs always have the best silicon .. the best memory controllers as well ..

i remember seeing someone on xs have one running at 3ghz on like almost stock volts on air .. which is pretty impressive .. on phase im sure they will hit like 3.4-3.6

PhoenixOfChaos said:
Also the unlocked multi could be quite quite handy, being that its one of the symbols of the FX line.
Well that depends who you ask.
Personally, I see no real need for unlocked multipliers, unless you're going to be using phase change and can push it to 3.5GHz and higher.

Back