• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new thermalright HR-01...anything promising?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DietPepsi0219

just found this *new* (not sure how new it is) thermalright cooler....how does it look?

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thhrthsifori.html

hr01.jpg

I'm a Thermalright fanboy... so I'd love to see this thing kick the Ninja's @SS and show the world it's not all about how many heatpipes there are. :D

harlam357 said:
I'm a Thermalright fanboy... so I'd love to see this thing kick the Ninja's @ss and show the world it's not all about how many heatpipes there are. :D

Right on! :attn:

Im sure that heatsink will be what you were looking for.

I'm not ditching my XP90C... it rocks! :attn: Although I would love to see a head to head between this TR and the Ninja! I've got ducks on TR! :cool: Even if it only outperforms it by C/W/per heatpipe. :D

Oh wait!? Was I supposed to read a review?! :rolleyes: It was tested on a QMD buster anyways... let's see what it'll do on an AMD! :D

ninja is still the king lol .. hopefully an all copper one will come out

well they had a prototype of one at a show in their showcase .. i called them and they said they were thinking bout it but they didnt know

yea over at the heatsinkfactory they have p4 mount for it its a $3.99 add-on... thinking about it for a low/passive comp.... looks good ....

inkfx said:
Id also like to see an all copper XP-120.

Man, that would be heavy! :D Although if it existed I would probably, 99% pretty dang sure I'd have one. I've got three socket A TR copper sinks(SLK-800A, SLK-947U, SP-97) and I'm just addicted to copper TRs. ...thus, now I have an XP-90C. :D

lol harlam. i actually got 2 of these for the duallie build which im still workin on. cool thing about them is that they are tall, but are mostly bottom heavy. ill post what kind of results i end up getting once im finished getting all the parts. only a case, and mobo left.

madhatR said:
well they had a prototype of one at a show in their showcase .. i called them and they said they were thinking bout it but they didnt know

I saw the pics online. If they make one, I want one for my next rig, and only my GPU will be H2Oed. :cool:

Come - On, Those Thermalwrongs are POSes :argue:

Having fins on the base defeats the thermaldynamics of the heatpipes. Another thing the ninja has is more more TD(Thermal Dissapation) with 4 additional pipes a total of 12 running in four directions. Thats less HLPP (heatload per pipe) on the Ninja giving it more headroom before saturating the thermal capacity of the pipes. To give credit to TR, at least they now have pipe carrying heat in 2 directions off of the sole plate.

AlabamaCajun said:

Having fins on the base defeats the thermaldynamics of the heatpipes. Another thing the ninja has is more more TD(Thermal Dissapation) with 4 additional pipes a total of 12 running in four directions. Thats less HLPP (heatload per pipe) on the Ninja giving it more headroom before saturating the thermal capacity of the pipes. To give credit to TR, at least they now have pipe carrying heat in 2 directions off of the sole plate.

Uhhhh, that HR-01 doesn't have fins on the based my friend. :shrug: ...check out the first post for a pic. :D

As far as fins on the base... I guess my experience with the TR SI-97 rotted by opinion of heatpipe dependant heatsinks. That thing sucked! So I'll probably eat my words later on down the road, but I'd rather have a fin/heatpipe combination HS than one totally dependant on pipes.

Also, since the HR-01 is only 8 pipes and it performed with a load temp only 4C higher than the ninja, it is actually better on a C/W/per heatpipe ratio. :D That's more HCPP(heat capacity per pipe).

AlabamaCajun said:

You know heat pipes don't disappate heat all by themselves... A well designed heatsink with fins on the base AND heatpipes would work just as well. The xp90c and xp120 come to mind.

The reason companies are avoiding that now, I beleive, is because they can get more surface area by moving the fins further out. This is basically the same principle as watercooling, moving the heat load further away to a larger heat exchanger.

Also, not all heat pipes are the same. While there may be less heatpipes, perhaps they are more efficient.

Back