• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need new mobo.... dunno what to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt_w_lambert

Its been awhile since i built any new PC's so all of this stuff is a little new to me again, im gonna get a new CPU (AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Newcastle) , im also planing to use SATA , im a big fan of Abit, and i hear alot of good things about DFI , so are there any good motherboard recomendations ??? also i plan to overclock, so any help will be great :)

Well, go PCI-E, if you have a decent AGP card (i don't think you do somehow) go for a AsRock dual-sata 2 it has AGP,PCI-E, socket 939, and support for a socket 940 (AM2).
If not i reccomend the ASUS A8N-SLI, the DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT, or if ur gunna go crossfire DFI LanParty UT RDX200CF-DR Crossfire all are good boards. If you want to get a really damn fast system, go for either the Abit AN8 SLi Fatal1ty nForce4 SLi , wait for the Abit AN8-32X nForce4 SLi or go for the Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16. All are great mobos.

I like the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR

lol i didnt even know they made pci videocards

and i still dont know exactly what SLI is ... :shrug: i guess its been awhile

now off to find a PCI-E videocard :D

I'm a pretty big fan of the board in my sig. It won't get every last mhz out of a chip but then again it isn't as picky as a dfi on some things.

I'm very pleased with my DFI NF4 Ultra-D, and I've also heard good things of Hambone's Epox. The DFI Ultra-D is moddable to SLI quite easily - it comes with two PCI-E slots but no SLI by default.

Back