• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presler: Should VT (Virtualization Technology) be disabled ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamjcl

Presler: Should VT (Virtualization Technology) be disabled in BIOS ?

Having read only a little about VT, it appears of no real value at this point, at least in the typical home-use role.

Haven't tried it, but has anyone disabled it in BIOS, and seen any change in OC results ?

For that matter, any of the other settings under the "CPU" page ?

- Chris

Last edited:
iamjcl said:
Having read only a little about VT, it appears of no real value at this point, at least in the typical home-use role.

Haven't tried it, but has anyone disabled it in BIOS, and seen any change in OC results ?

For that matter, any of the other settings under the "CPU" page ?

- Chris

I'm running with it disabled, it offers nothing usefull to me so there is no need to have it running. If you're not going to use it, then disable it.

VT is only for those of us wanting to run virtual machines. So if you're not running Xen or VMware Server, you don't need it. I am curious, however, if VT causes any performance penalty for regular apps. If anyone tries some benchmarks with and without VT, please post your results here!

... Disabled it, and notice absolutely no change in any OC potential.

- Chris

Back