• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB $87.69 AMIR $30 @Moncach

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
woa, good deal
just dont expect to get the thing for a few weeks...

guys does the pci-e version work as well as the agp version as far as overclocking? someone with an asrock dual needs a card, they are currently on pci.

i would like to know which of the 2 would give the most performance. i keep reading that currenty pci-e cards haven't taken full advantage of the pci-e architecture yet.

between the 2, which would he be better of with? he has a s939 3000+ that clocks to 2.4ghz.

You should get the pci-e if you can no matter what... just b/c you can use it when you go fully pci-e.

Even if it was a 10-20mhz difference on the core, you're better off going with pci-e cuz it's the new-age.

Btw, I don't know much about AGP 6600GT overclockability (even though I have one, I still have to play with it). A pci-e I had a while ago did 575/1.22, and I didn't even try higher... I just auto-ed that and wallah... lol. :)

Beginner said:
guys does the pci-e version work as well as the agp version as far as overclocking? someone with an asrock dual needs a card, they are currently on pci.

i would like to know which of the 2 would give the most performance. i keep reading that currenty pci-e cards haven't taken full advantage of the pci-e architecture yet.

between the 2, which would he be better of with? he has a s939 3000+ that clocks to 2.4ghz.

I had well I personally had better experience with my two PCI-E cards then my AGP. All are XFX 6600GTs. The PCI-E runs cooler and OC as much and even better then my AGP did. Mainly it couldn't OC as much due to heat and such.

And if you pair them up that's an insane bang for you $$. They perform in pair bettern then highly OC'd 6800 gs or gt.

Back