• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coolbits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SmokinR6

Long time no see fellas,
I have a slight problem. I have a 5900 Ultra 256 mb card.
I decided to OC it using coolbits prog. I installed the forceware 84.12 drivers and coolbits as outlined in the Sticky above.
I opened my display control panel and yes I had the clock speed and Memory frequency adjustable tab...Now I upped them and tested...Ran awsome. So I played about an hours worth of BF2 with VERY noticable FPS gains(tested on servers that I know what my fps should be). My problem is that when I open up my display settings I no longer have the Frequency tab...Just my basic Card settings again...Like coolbits dissapered. I hav reinstallee the registry keys and drivers...Still nothing.
Any help? as I feel I can adjust even Higher.

Also in case it helps
I believe im set around 461mhz and 851mem spd.

Last edited:
What operating system are you running? Make sure you are logged on as a user that has full Administrator rights. Other than that, not really sure what would cause that. A registry problem perhaps? Could run chkdsk or scanreg, I suppose.

-Rav

I am not positive, but I think you *may* have to re-install coolbits after you change drivers. Additionally, if coolbits continues to give you issues, you could OC with rivatuner.

Cheers.

Thanks guys....Im running XP Pro as Admin. I tried reinstalling but to no avail...Upon reading more into it...I see Riva may be a better way to go as it makes monitoring the card very easy.
Gonna DL Riva tonight and will post back.
Thanks for the help.

try to reinstall your drivers then reenable coolbits? Or just use a program like rivatuner which gives you better results anyway.

Heres my Update. I installed coolbits...seemed Ok I tried a mild OC and I thought it helped, well(now wondering if it ever worked). I decided to install RivaTuner and try that....No avail...I removed both and reinstalled Coolbits. NOW problem is...Even at the slightest change in either clock or mem...I lose about 40fps when testing. IE I test with no OC...can run BF2 at 70-80 FPS in low ping server...enable Coolbits...or Riva in same server with MILD OC (5-10) on each,( I don't mean each program...Clock and Mem only testing on each program individually) or 1 at a time. I run at low 20's to mid 30's
Any Ideas? And If I disable all OC's I have to restart to achieve my original Framerates.
Do I have to reboot each time I make a clock or mem change?
This is killing me as Ive read about reaching565clock and 1120mem....Im am going in the wrong direction as any OC slows my card down. Throtteling is displaying at 140c and Ive never been close to that temp. I am using the latest 84.12 Forceware drivers, Not sure if they have been tested or work with either program?
Any help

Last edited:
same thing happens with riva tuner...Wondering...I keep aa and af off...does riva turn these on by default...I think riva and coolbits seem to overide my low card settings. This is really killing me that I cannot OC this card at all.

Back