• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward BLISS GeForce 6800 GS "Goes Like Hell"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tunnel

Can someone tell me if this is a good gfx card and how many pixel pipelines it has as i can not find any full specs for it.

many regards

It isn't bad, it has 12 pixel pipes and 5 vertex (like every 6800GS), I think they are all 512MB cards too (all the ones that came up on google were). Core is clocked at 485 MHz and memory 1.3 GHz, and it should oc reasonably well based on what most 6800GS will do. However I would warn you that Gainward have the worst customer service in the history of computing and usually completely refuse to replace dead cards, so make sure that if you get it you can return it to the retailer (i.e. don't buy it from ebay or a fly by night computer shop).

Review is here
http://www.pureoverclock.com/article29.html

As a gaming card, almost certainly yes, in the review they overclocked it to almost 7800GT performance on the stock cooler. I know the 7600GT overclocks well, but I don't think it oc's THAT well.

kk so you would reccomend getting the Gainward Bliss 6800GT GLH Edition over the 7600 Gt xxx edition? can i please just have a straight answer on this as i know **** all about gfx cards and i just want to buy one.

where did you find this card? The only place I can find this card is on ebay. and how much is this?

i found this card on www.overclockers.co.uk and its around 180 pound. Right Guys ive narrowwed it down to 3 cards and i want to know which one is better.

Gainward Bliss 6800GS GLH Edition

or

Gigabyte 6800GS

or

XFX GeForce 7800GT Extreme Edition

Many Regards

Last edited:
hey guys ive just been looking at the gainward bliss 6800GS GLH and what the hell does this mean???

ATX v2.0 compliant PSU Required for PCI-E Graphics/Motherboard.

ive got a ati radeon xpress 200 motherboard does this mean i cant use this card???

Basically, it means the card needs the extra power from the extra 4 pins.

IIRC an ATX 2.0 PSU has 24 pins instead of 20 for the connection to the motherboard. I think it needs support for the 6-pin PCI-express connector, too.

I'm actually using a 6800GS with a 20-pin PSU on a board that should use 24-pins, but it's run for around 2 months fine. I believe all 6800GS's have a slot for a 6-pin PCI-express power connector. If the card comes with a 4-pin-molex > 6-pin adapter, you should be fine even if you have a 20-pin-only PSU. You can buy one for cheap, too.

Just make sure the PSU pumps at least 400W for best results.

Back