• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC-DL problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
Hey guys,

So I've got new ram Corsair Value select, 2.5v 2X 512mb sticks (DDR400). They were going to replace my kingstone value ram. I put them in they booted fine, passed 5 loops of memtest and super pi, they were running 4:5 @206MHz. I dropped the ratio on the ram down to 1:1 to try and see if I could go further on my CPU. Previously when i tried this with my old ram the screen would either be blank or all messed up. I assumed it was because the kingstone ram was rated for 2.6 volts. Now When I drop to a 1:1, on any FSB instead of the screen going out like before I actually get a screen, and it boots. When it gets close to windows the computer reboots or if windows starts I BSOD. What is the problem?

Thats strange. I run a set of Corsair value mem in one PC-DL rig and a set of Kingston in another. They're both 2x512 kits and the run fine 1:1 at 210-220 FSB. Have you tried running only one stick to see if its a bad stick? Perhaps also try slots 2 & 4 instead of 1 & 3.

You might also want to try the conductive paint vdimm mod to get an extra 0.08V for the memory. I've read it can make a difference and its very simple to do. DaveB did this along with another more adventerous vdimm mod. I've seen a thread around OCF that deals with that.

iceage said:
Thats strange. I run a set of Corsair value mem in one PC-DL rig and a set of Kingston in another. They're both 2x512 kits and the run fine 1:1 at 210-220 FSB. Have you tried running only one stick to see if its a bad stick? Perhaps also try slots 2 & 4 instead of 1 & 3.

You might also want to try the conductive paint vdimm mod to get an extra 0.08V for the memory. I've read it can make a difference and its very simple to do. DaveB did this along with another more adventerous vdimm mod. I've seen a thread around OCF that deals with that.

I had not thought of trying 2 &4 instead of 1 & 3. I did try just one stick of my Kingstone ram.

I've read up on that and was going to try it but at the time I had no conductive paint.

Yea, I know there's a post by DaveB that provides a link to a vendor for that conductive paint. I've never looked for it locally.

It's probably the ram asking for more juice, and after you max out your oc with that mod, you can go higher and increase stability by increasing the NB voltage :) .

Back