• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered the Xtreme Music :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

einstein2

Just ordered the Creative labs x-fi Xtreme Music :D, coming tomorrow :D, i was gonna get the fatal1ty but its just slightly outside my budget :(, oh well im happy with the music model :D

Last edited:
well i have 1 comp with a fatal1ty (gaming pc) and one with the x-treme music..right now they are equal...but once games come out that use the Xram u will see the difference...for now...i dont notice a difference and i dont even use the CDdrive that is given with the fatal1ty...i just wanted the xram

welcome to the club

Good luck with it. I know there are a lot of people at the Creative forums who seem to have problems with their cards. My Audigy likes to freeze in games all the time. :(

ive had zero problems with my fatal1ty...no freezing...cracks or anything..i paired it with the Zalman headphones..(also with the zalman mic) sooooooooo sweet..when i first heard it..i swear i drooled all over my keyboard

guillaume said:
any studio even mentionned using x-ram? I haven't heard anything...

About the only thing I have heard, is that the Xram will just act like sound was turned off performance wise. So I could realy see it being more a driver update then anything.

yea i've read there have been alot of problems with nforce 4 and x-fi. But i am confident it will work fine :).

About the only thing I have heard, is that the Xram will just act like sound was turned off performance wise. So I could realy see it being more a driver update then anything.

damn, I thought getting a sound card would improve game performance period

I was about to go out and buy one so I could play battlefield with sound quality settings maxed, instead of really low

Last edited:
well i know that from my audigy 2 zs to my xfi fatal1ty there is a HUGE difference in sound...as far as performance..im unsure since all my parts are high end....its hard to tell for me..

Huge difference? but those are both high end sound cards, I think I would be one of those peaple who wouldnt be able to hear the difference

if you upgraded from an audigy sound card, then possibly there wont be much difference. for me i upgraded from a very old 5.1 sound card made back in 97!!!

well i noticed being able to hear more background noise...and music and gun fire was much more crisp..along with the directional sound...i can now clearly hear if somoene is sneaking up on me from whatever direction..plus i can hear tanks from a LONG ways away now.

for me it will be my first venture outside the world of onboard audio

Im gonna try the Chaintech AV 710 and see what kind of difference that makes (cuz I think I can get one locally)

motherboard1 said:
for me it will be my first venture outside the world of onboard audio

Im gonna try the Chaintech AV 710 and see what kind of difference that makes (cuz I think I can get one locally)

The chaintech AV710 is a wonderful card, but sadly only the front 2 channel outs are badass. The rest are rather shody. but get the job done I guess.

But any forray from Onboard is a good idea :D

Back