• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 7900GT CO/CO SuperClock owners come in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Special7

Anyone else having problems with your cards? there is a topic on the eVGA forums http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13545 I have all these issues, my card was running fantastic the first day I got it (580/1770) now if I want to play a game I have to run 500/1400 or else the game or system crashes, I have a CO card stock at 500/1500 yet it dosen't run at that or else as I said crashing or major artifacts in games. :(

I just submitted an RMA for refund I have had enough of eVGA, first my 6800GS died then my 7900GT CO, they can shove it XFX here I come. :)

Special7 said:
I just submitted an RMA for refund I have had enough of eVGA, first my 6800GS died then my 7900GT CO, they can shove it XFX here I come. :)

Thats a good decision, From my experience XFX and BFG are the best.

I've been running two 7900 GT Superclocked cards in SLI for three days, no problems yet!

And tonight I'll be upping the voltage to 1.4...

My 7900 GT CO Superclocked has been running at 571/810 for a few weeks now with no problems

no problems so far... 580mhz / 850mhz (1700)... will keep u posted...

eVGA is an amazing company, anyone who says otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about.

They offer the amazing step-up program that I am in right now to upgrade my 6800GS to a 7900GT CO. Who else would let me do that?

They offer cross shipping on RMAs, customer service is great.

They basically tell you to overclock to make your card better, I think you can even change heatsinks without voiding your warranty.

I know the step up is really slow right now but that's nvidia's fault for not making enough damn cards.

Nevalite said:
eVGA is an amazing company, anyone who says otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about.

They offer the amazing step-up program that I am in right now to upgrade my 6800GS to a 7900GT CO. Who else would let me do that?

They basically tell you to overclock to make your card better, I think you can even change heatsinks without voiding your warranty.

I know the step up is really slow right now but that's nvidia's fault for not making enough damn cards.

Agreedddd...... I am officially EVGA fan boy now!!! hahahha....

Well eVGA is the manufacturer NVIDIA only makes the GPUs. There's just such a high demand that it's hard to keep up with.

I've never owned a EVGA card, i have read about the step up program. Sounds good though, even though i've read they are slow right now due to quantity. I've got one of the XFX's cards, 6800GS XXX edition and they are really good. The XFX cards come overclocked as standard on some of them. The XXX editions are overclocked, but i think they do some standard edition cards as well.

Nevalite said:

E-VGA is great for all of those reasons. Ive Owned 2 of there cards so far and like both of them

My next card purchase will be a EVGA 7900GT most likely. I like the lifetime warranty, their openness to overclocking and bios mods, and the upgrade program. Keep it for about 6 months, then upgrade when the next big series of cards come out.

I hope EVGA doesnt mind conductive ink on the card! I hope it comes off easy since i plan on vmodding the card.

Yeah I think that kinda voids the warranty.

Using powerstrip or rivatuner to up your clocks is one thing, but overvolting your card is another.

EternalX said:
Keep it for about 6 months, then upgrade when the next big series of cards come out.

I thought you only had 90 days (3 months) to trade up?

I've had the best experience with eVGA and will be a buyer for life. The 6800GT I had back a while ago did 470/1.300 on Air with no voltmodding or anything, bet she would've flew with a vmod or two and water O_O

Back