• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference Between Sempron & Athlon XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I was looking for a 3200+ XP or a Mobile and selling my 2500+ I wouldn't mind something to match my 2500+ but with a lower voltage. I can't seem to find a mobile or an 3200+ for under £60 people are selling 3200+ for £95+ I won't pay that.

I was then looking into a Sempron 3000+ there 2.0ghz and have the same lv2 cache 512kb don't know about the voltage.

That's exactly what my Barton runs at now with stock 166x11 = 1.83ghz no point in getting one then. I'm still on the hunt for a 3200+ to maximize the CPU for my motherboard so I don't have to OC. I've already got offers for my 2500+ at around £60 being the highest so only another £50 or so if I can find a 3200+.

Oh and the other day I saw a 2800+ which runs at 2.0ghz if it has the same cache I would of bought it it was only £40 brand new.

why not oc the chip you have a little? and save your money 2 or 300 mhz and you will be at 3200+ speeds

why not sell you mobo+chip and get a cheap s754 sempron, will be a lot faster and will cost you less than upgrading the socket A chip.

I was gonna hold out till the end of the year and go SK940 and basically build up a system over the up coming months. Then find what I want as a set-up say a mid-range of the AMD Sk949 dual core, 2gb DDR2 maybe 4gb, a decent motherboard which supports 4gb DDR2, SLi and SATA-II/RAID.

I was just gonna buy a 3200+ and get rid of my 2500+ but now I don't know I'm staying away from 745 but thanks for the suggestion mate.

I'm just saying that there's no reason to upgrade your socket A chip unless you're upgrading the whole platform.
just up your FSB to 200, your multiplier to x11 and have yourself a free 3200+.

The Coolest said:
I'm just saying that there's no reason to upgrade your socket A chip unless you're upgrading the whole platform.
just up your FSB to 200, your multiplier to x11 and have yourself a free 3200+.

totally agree, would kinda of be a pointless upgrade not worth your time.

Back