• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i know what the voltage limits of the memory are?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

How do I know if I'm putting too much voltage to my memory. I'm trying to find the overclock settings and frankly just by reading the guide I don't know how much is too much.

What memory do you have?

Different IC's typically respond differently to voltage. UTT/BH-5 get better as you put more voltage to them. UCCC/TCCD/TCC5 do not. As always, there is a point where it is about all you need to put and anything else may/may not get you any better results.

I do hope you plan to have some sort of cooling over the memory if you're going to add high voltage or even much past stock voltage, to the memory modules.

Other than experimenting (since each environment is a bit different), there's really no way to say what is ideal voltage for your setup.

The memory has heat spreaders on them and the person I bought them from has ran it at higher clock speeds than I am able to get so I believe it has something to do with the voltages.

Back