• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where-To

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aao_pwner

Hey guys,

I was wondering where I would go, not on the internet to buy like a pump, radiator, etc.... like what kind of store, i know where i can get the 3/8" tubing, home deopot, but the pump and the radiator are kinda erm, i dont know where...

NOT on the internet, im buying the VGA blocks and the CPU block from the internet.

Heatcore probably you could find in an auto store. Pump in like an aquarium store. Although when looking for pump in the store you might find something nice but with large heat dump, odd fittings, weak head, looking online is better and might be even cheaper.

meionm said:
Heatcore probably you could find in an auto store. Pump in like an aquarium store. Although when looking for pump in the store you might find something nice but with large heat dump, odd fittings, weak head, looking online is better and might be even cheaper.

so a pond supply would carry a 1/2, or 3/8" tube pump?! Who would use that small of a, ya for a pond

aao_pwner said:
so a pond supply would carry a 1/2, or 3/8" tube pump?! Who would use that small of a, ya for a pond
If you went to an "aquarium store" (pet store) you wouldn't be looking at a pond pump...but a fish tank pump

Watercooling started with using aquarium pumps...so you might find something there. But you probably won't find a 12v pump...so it'd have a 120v/240v AC connection. Also, like meionm said, these pumps aren't as efficient as pumps specifically used for watercooling.
I just went to PetsMart.com (not sure if that's a nationwide place or not, but they have a local store by me) and found 2 pumps that are used by ppl for watercooling. Keep in mind that these are 120v pumps so you plug then into a wall outlet, not your power supply.

EHeim Pumps
These pumps are pretty popular for use
[url="http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441808186&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302030157&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023693&bmUID=1149461001615&itemNo=4&Ntt=hydor+pump&In=All&previousText=hydor+pump&N=2]Hydor L Pumps[/URL]
The L30 is fairly popular for watercooling

If you are looking offline because of issues with not having a credit card or something like that you could always goto a local bank or other place that sells Visa gift cards. You use them just like a credit card. I think they will charge you like $5-$8 ...but you'll probably save that much by buying online. And then you have the option of getting a DC pump (if that matters to you)

Although, with a little snooping it looks like you may be located in germany? If so, I couldn't tell you a specific place. But I'd think those pumps would be avaiable at a pet store there too. ?

jivetrky said:
If you went to an "aquarium store" (pet store) you wouldn't be looking at a pond pump...but a fish tank pump

Watercooling started with using aquarium pumps...so you might find something there. But you probably won't find a 12v pump...so it'd have a 120v/240v AC connection. Also, like meionm said, these pumps aren't as efficient as pumps specifically used for watercooling.
I just went to PetsMart.com (not sure if that's a nationwide place or not, but they have a local store by me) and found 2 pumps that are used by ppl for watercooling. Keep in mind that these are 120v pumps so you plug then into a wall outlet, not your power supply.

EHeim Pumps
These pumps are pretty popular for use
[url="http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441808186&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302030157&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023693&bmUID=1149461001615&itemNo=4&Ntt=hydor+pump&In=All&previousText=hydor+pump&N=2]Hydor L Pumps[/URL]
The L30 is fairly popular for watercooling

If you are looking offline because of issues with not having a credit card or something like that you could always goto a local bank or other place that sells Visa gift cards. You use them just like a credit card. I think they will charge you like $5-$8 ...but you'll probably save that much by buying online. And then you have the option of getting a DC pump (if that matters to you)

Although, with a little snooping it looks like you may be located in germany? If so, I couldn't tell you a specific place. But I'd think those pumps would be avaiable at a pet store there too. ?

germeny, lol.....im in Vancouver, Washington

aao_pwner said:
germeny, lol.....im in Vancouver, Washington

That's in Germany, isnt' it? :) heh...my mistake...I googled your IM names and it brought up an americas army clan page that said it was in germany or something....I dunno...anywho....

Then you should have 2 petsmart in your town!

what type of store would carry thoes types of things is what im saying

Oh, sorry. Is there any reason you're avoiding the internet? To be honest, you're going to pay a whole lot more in a Brick and mortar store (with the exception of the radiator possibly) than you would if you purchased the parts online. Thats including shipping.

Vinyl tubing from Home Depot will work fine so long as they have 1/8" walled tubing in stock (not all Home Depots do for all IDs) but if you want something better, you may want to venture online and get some masterklear from mcmaster. Its very nice tubing.

Apart from a heatercore, you are simply not going to find a Black Ice or the like at a brick and mortor store there in Washington. Microcenter is the only chain that I know of that carries watercooling parts, but there isn't one there.

Moto7451 said:
Oh, sorry. Is there any reason you're avoiding the internet? To be honest, you're going to pay a whole lot more in a Brick and mortar store (with the exception of the radiator possibly) than you would if you purchased the parts online. Thats including shipping.

Vinyl tubing from Home Depot will work fine so long as they have 1/8" walled tubing in stock (not all Home Depots do for all IDs) but if you want something better, you may want to venture online and get some masterklear from mcmaster. Its very nice tubing.

im making my dad pay for it rofl....

also, i know my dad wont buy it off the internet, i have to make him waste his gas before he gets there so 'i didnt come here for no reason' type of thing.

Back