• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP DV1000 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VR4Tuner

Hey guys, new to this fourm and new to laptops, but i'v been in the overclocking game on desktops for a while. Now my first laptop is a HP DV1000 (DV1660SE) and i'm very happy with it, but ultimatly I have the urge to overclock it, now this seems like a whole diffrent game from desktops, i'm used to using tunable mobo's like my soyo on my desktop, but Iv never had a computer with a mainstream computer manufacturer mobo and I noticed i cant access the clock speed in the bios on my laptop. Is there a way I can overclock this thing? Whats the safest speed on the dv1000, I know cooling is not as efficent as a desktop so im not looking for major increases.

Also, How do I raise the shared video memory on the dv1000? I'v never had experience on shared video memory cards so I would like to increase the 128mb to something higher.

Thanks guys!!!!

BTW:I have the Centrino Duo T2300 1.66GHz with a gig of RAM

Last edited:
there should be an option to increase the shared memmory in the bios but there usually a maximum amout of system memmory that the graphics card can address... so for example the only difference between an ati x300 w/64mB and an ati x300 w/128mB is one card can address 32mB of system memmory and the other card can address 96mB of system memmory...

as for overclocking core duo laptops... I know that some laptops can be overclocked with software but I'm not sure exactly which programs have been updated to support core duo... maybe somebody else can chime in.

i heard if u have a certain version of the motherbaord it may support 533fsb whcih means pinmod!
and there is windows overclocking software that'll gain you 150-200mhz

Sorry dude, normally notebooks are locked down tighter than a virgin. that Duo even at 1.66 should be plenty fast and very smooth in normal tasks.

d94 said:
i heard if u have a certain version of the motherbaord it may support 533fsb whcih means pinmod!
and there is windows overclocking software that'll gain you 150-200mhz

I hate to burst your bubble but core duo processors allready run at a fsb of 667mhz no pinmod is available for theese... it's software only as of right now... an that's only if the pll isn't locked...

thank you for the replies, the BIOS is almost pretty much compleately locked, I can't scroll down to anything, I have clockgen, but i do now know where to find my PLL, anyone know it for this model?

shared vid mem is not accesible in bios either

when i tried my dell 5100 i found 2 program that gave me a list and after trying all pll,s with no success i tossed in the towel figureing out that if 1 person had success there would be all kinds of post about how high it went temps other issues ect but there were none if you do a search at laptop forums with no luck your probably done with the overclocking

VR4Tuner said:
that would require me to crack open my brand new laptop wouldn't it lol

errr... um yeah... I kinda spaced that not everybody wants to crack open their brand new lappie like i did... :)

Back