• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G -- Rev 1.0, 1.1 and Rev 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

I am looking at a Gigabyte GA-8IPE775-G motherboard revision 1.0
In the CPU support list on Gigabytes website, Rev (1.0, 1.1) does not support dual core, yet Rev 2.0 does.
Does anyone know if it is possible to force the latest bios from the revision 2.0 board onto this revision 1.0 board so it will support the dual core 800 and 900 series of processors?
Is there something physically different between Rev (1.0, 1.1) and Rev 2.0 motherboards?

i am a proud owner of rev 1.0 and i do not feel like trying a bios from a diff rev. but is there any other differences on the spec? like chipsets? im keeping my eye on this thread, it could be time for my to upgrade from the 530.

i was on the site cuz i upgreaded my bios to F7 from F5. the bios from both boards are the same. the difference has to be something physical with the board.

tech2487 said:
i was on the site cuz i upgreaded my bios to F7 from F5. the bios from both boards are the same. the difference has to be something physical with the board.

Nevermind. We can just tell ourselves that "if it's worth going dual core, may as well going PCI-E too". In the meantime i'll console myself with the fact that I bought my board as a refurb for $15 :D

Cjwinnit said:
Nevermind. We can just tell ourselves that "if it's worth going dual core, may as well going PCI-E too". In the meantime i'll console myself with the fact that I bought my board as a refurb for $15 :D

Wow... where did you get it?

rainless said:
Wow... where did you get it?

Ebuyer, a UK-based major retailer. I guess they got it sent back to them erroneously by someone who couldn't work out how to set it up, and they couldn't sell it as new and sold it as a refurb. It's been working perfectly in my rig with a 3.6 Ghz prescott in it for about 6 months. (On a point of technicality, I got it for £10, which is between $15-20 depending on the day's exchange rate).

Last edited:
Back