• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LucasArts and other 3rd parties go Wii. LIGHSABER Wiis for US!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But you need to be able to use the force with the other hand.

Come on, when they first brought out the wii controller, everyone knew there had to be a star wars game where it was a lightsabre, duh.

Awesome! Time to break out my "star Wars Kid" training videos so that I can truly master the force!

I heard a rumor that the star wars kid sued the people who released those videos, he had to drop out of his high school. He made them in like a video production class and someone stole them off the computer.. I wonder if theres any truth behind that

I can't wait for the commercials. I wonder what the slogan could be. "Get your hands on a Wii today!"

I heard that with the starwars kid..yeah he recorded it at school goofing around...left the tape in the machine....some kids found it at school ripped it and put it on kazza...then people started making the videos. I also heard he had to drop out of school or atleast that one....there was an online petition going to have him make a breif apperence in starwars episode 3.

I'm not really a huge fan of starwars, but even so this would be pretty cool. I do love swords/sword work so this could turn out pretty neat :D

blueswitch said:
I heard that with the starwars kid..yeah he recorded it at school goofing around...left the tape in the machine....some kids found it at school ripped it and put it on kazza...then people started making the videos. I also heard he had to drop out of school or atleast that one....there was an online petition going to have him make a breif apperence in starwars episode 3.

LOL

Shows what happens when your not careful when screwing around.

I love the Star Wars series for consoles. Anyone remember...I think its called, Star Wars Dark Forces II for the PS1? It was sorta a FPS with a Doom looking style graphics...man if I could get ahold of a copy of that I'd **** myself.

Ah perfect, I just got the whole set of Starwars movies (and have started through the first couple already)... Tho I can't say we all didn't see the potential, just glad it has been confirmed now.

blueswitch said:

Whats more embarasing than being the start wars kid?

Being in the movie!!!

Whats worse than that?

Being Jar Jar Binx (whatever his name is) in the movie!!!

Don't you think the kid has been through enough already:p

quoting wikipedia

'In July 2003, his family filed a CDN$250,000 lawsuit against the families of the schoolmates — Michaël Caron, Jérôme Laflamme, and Jean-Michel Rheault. Legal proceedings against François Labarre have been dropped. The three defendants were alleged to have taken the video and put it on the Internet without Raza's consent. The family claimed that Raza had suffered harassment and derision from both his schoolmates and the general public because of the video.

The lawsuit stated that he had dropped out of school and had finished his school year at the Pavillon Arc-en-ciel child psychiatry ward at the Trois-Rivières Regional Hospital Centre, and quoted Internet chat transcripts among the four defendants as demonstrating lack of remorse. [1] The transcript of an interview done by the technology columnist Bruno Guglielminetti from Radio-Canada (in French) with Ghyslain's lawyer at the time (François Vigeant) can be found here.

The lawsuit was expected to go to trial April 10, 2006, but on April 7, news came out that Raza and his parents reached an out-of-court settlement[2] with the families of the former schoolmates. Terms of the settlement were not announced, but previous proceedings included discussions about whether the defendants had liability insurance.'

Back