• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

americas army?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Been a while since I"ve played it, but it didn't impress me terribly when I did. Could be worth a go with all the new stuff though

I'm waiting for the next version of it which is suppose to be a totally new game. The current one just doesn't really do it for me.

I played it a while back but when you get a game that is realistic, (i.e. can't jump 20 feet in the air and no 1 second reloads) then it's hard to grab my attention compared to the "Unreal" type games.

Yes that Real-Unreal comparison was intentional...I should be a famous writer, haha!

One cool thing for people that register using a goernment E-Mail adress is that you get a cool Icon showing what branch of the service you are in.

i play it. its a good game though not as good as it used to be, a new version is coming out in july with a few more maps i think. it's a good game though 2.3 was a very good version and they screwed up since version 2.4....3.0 is gonna have the unreal 3 engine

I went through basic training with no problems but when it came time to go online I got kicked repeatedly for TKs or some other noob thing (I still don't know what I did wrong but it was my first online gaming experience) There are supposed to be newbie servers but the pros play there to get kill stats so I never learned to play and dropped out.
The good thing is that it is free.

Yeah, definately a good free game. I will give the new version a go. Will be interesting though, the next version is actually coming out with a map editor etc..

Well I did mean the next version, the last one they're realsing on the current unreal engine. From what I've heard its going to be pretty cool.

And yeah, the version after the next too :)

Back