• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has this been done before?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kemon

Just curious but has anyone attempted to make a self adjusting fan controller? Use some sort of temp monitor and adjust the fans according to the ambient temps/cpu temps etc. I'm sure it's probably been done but i was just curious, haven't read about something like that yet.

I think that some motherboards do it with the three pin connectors.. but I have heard there can be problems where the controller makes bad decisions on fan speed. But I read this a long time ago and dont remember specifics.

Hey.. just one thing... you have the blackice gt. How is it... what kind of temps are you getting and what is your overclock?

I love it!!! I have 2 full coverage NV-78 waterblocks on my 7900gtx's and one storm in my loop and i'm getting about 36 idle on my CPU and about 40 under a load. That's with the ambient being at 27C. My video cards are very cool too, running at about 38 idle... haven't checked the load in a while but it was at about 42 on both after playing CS:S for a few hours.

No overclocking on my CPU yet... i'm new to overclocking so taking it one step at a time since this is an expensive system. Reading a lot of articles/stickies on here so i can truely understand how it works... going to take a shot at ocing tonight though. I'll let you know how it goes, and the temps.

Also the Matrix Orbital LCDs can be configured to automatically adjust fan speed based on temps (or on any other variety of events)

Tt also makes a couple of drive bay controllers like that ...

Hardcano 12

This one includes card readers (works great for my camera cards):
Hardcano 13

When set to AUTO the fan speed changes depending on the current temp and the alarm temp, which can be adjusted from 40-70°C in increments of 10° ...

I have the Hardcano 13, and ,my biggest gripe is that you cant set the temps down to 1°c like I'd like to, but it gets the job done. It does do some crazy thing every now and again as well, but it was the best I was able to find that will fit on one slot.

Back