• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ooh just got a presler 930 up and folding last weekend, dual core folding rocks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
the weather was wreaking much havoc on my stock-cooled & overclocked opteron last weekend so i went out and bought a fry's special of a presler 930d and basic ecs mobo. i gotta say i'm pretty happy with how the system runs and particularly with its folding performance. i'm really hoping amd drops their dual-core socket 939 prices drastically in the coming months as i'd like to replace my 144 with a nice x2 or even an fx-60 if the price drops low enough. my opteron has been turned off since last monday yet i've seen a nice ppd increase since bringing the pentium d online. :D

Arr, I'm envious. Since you're not using that 144, wanna send it over here? :rolleyes: Seriously though, that's great. Not that most things aren't great when your only rig is trailing edge, but you know what I mean.

Yes, I cetainly luv the intel DC's - they account for more than 70% of my farm's production :D

.. but also can't hardly wait to work conroe into the farm to reduce power and heat too :drool:

Does that ECS mobo OC much?

pscout said:
Does that ECS mobo OC much?

it will overclock but it only lets me do voltage adjustments by +.01, +.02..stuff like that up to +.04 i think is the highest. i haven't messed with it yet because the load temps on both cores folding (according to everest anyways) are sitting in the low-mid 30s at stock speeds...with the nice hot weather outside i'm loving these temps.

you should be able to bump the fsb a bit without affecting temps much at all ... your temps sound very good now.

If you don't touch VC, temps should not rise too much with an fsb bump.

Most presslers seem to go to 250 fsb on stock vc depending on mobo (955/975 based asus/abit mobos), although i never had any luck with them on 945 chipset asus mobo (p5ld2). PSU may be a factor too, but if you are limiting oc by temps, i expect not too much.

Mem doesn't matter too much with current WU's.

Last edited:
Back