• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AL8 or NI8 for an 805D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WiNole

Registered
I have two motherboards....an Abit AL8 (Intel 945p) and an Abit NI8 (Nforce4)...which one should I use for my 805D? I know both only get to around the 220-225 fsb range but I don't need anything near that high with the 805's 20X multi anyway.

I have seen where the Nforce gets better memory score than the 945P but then again I have seen where the Nvidia chipset doesn't always want to play nice with the Intel sometimes....anyway...as I first stated. Which board would you put the 805D on?

Thanks...
Also...is one board known to be more PSU picky than the other?

for the psu issue no, just as long as the psu you are using has enough amps on the 12v rail for ocing a dual core. Large single rails are better for dual core "netburst". tough call on the mobo though, to many things to consider. Such as what video card is in what mobo? what cpus are in them? As if it were me i might lean towards the sli setup as you have 2 6600gts. If the 945p board has a better card in it, then go that way.

I'll probably be upgrading the video card soon with a single card so maybe I'll use the AL8....then again I could just test both boards and see the results for myself...
I have 33a on a single rail so I think I'll be ok...I actually ran the 805 on an Asus p5p800se @ 3.4ghz on an older brand name psu with only 20a on the 12v line. Anything above that was not stable regardless of vcore.

yea... personally though if a single card system the AL8 is the one i would pick over the NV board. That is only if i had those 2 to choose from.

Back