• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #38

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 38th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!!

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

walaka7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
March 5th?, 2002

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
I don't know if i should even get started on this one. On the short I guess: selling house, finishing corvette, pondering moving, still working on updating tiring folding farm, havent x'd my boss yet ;)

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
Link

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
as in spec El segundo, Ca or Caprock, New Mexico

How did you initially hear about F@H?
I stumbled across the forums shortly after building my first OC project (water cooled xp 1900 (maxed at 1912), xms 2700 corsair ram, 40 gig ata 100 hdd +2*60 gb ata 133 RAID 0, 8500DV ATI) man that rig is old now LOL but anyway I wanted a good benchmark/burn in proggie and i figured that why not help with research at same time :D

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
Again too many to mention. I guess the biggest is losing my friend/partner to CJD, and currently my mom battling cancer. I cant name all the reasons (or rather who is behind them) There are just that many reasons to fold

What do you do for a living?
Im an auto techie with an electronic fetish

What do you do for fun?
Playing with my kids, play with computers, driving like i stole it, hunting/shooting, drinking good scotch, and hanging out with my buds.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Spare time? What is this spare time you speak of?

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
Ok its getting old too, but its a Dothan 1.7 @ 2805 (735) in a P4P800 SE, POS video (8500 dv), 1 gig Gskill pc400, 2 raptors RAID 0, and a plextor burner.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
No borgs only a lonely little farm. 1 dually now: 2*2400's @ 22xx mhz, 2 gig pc266 ram, 2* 200 gig sata RAID 0 + 125 gig boot drive, etc 1.7 dthan @ 2805(as above), 1.6 dothan @ 24xx, 512 mb pc400 ram, xp 1700 @ 2000 mhz 1 gig pc 133 ram, dothan 1.6 @ 1870 (tecra lappy) 1.5 gb pc2700 ram, and a shuttle sff xp 2400@ 2150, 512 mb xms 2700 ram. Its an aging fleet but they still do a little damage :) (

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
I want to start flying again, finish raising my kids(that will never happen LOL ), and while its not a goal but a forced reality, own a shop that closes 2 weeks out of the year for hunting season :beer:

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I have watched many people come and go over that last four years here and other forums,and through it all, this team has the best atmoshpere of brotherhood of any fourms that i have attended. I am honored to be a member here and wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors. There are a lot of fun times ahead: processors to fry, memory to melt, NICs to kill, and video cards to torture, and I cant think of a better place to do it than here :beer:

As a side note, if you have any pics (in jpg format for the dial-suck users) of things like your hobbies, computer(s), yourself, etc.... that you want to add to the thread to give people more of an idea of who you are?
I'll link up to my pics after work :)

Great to meet ya walaka7! :thup:

Agreed... the brotherhood here is second to none. We do indeed have a great team!

Hey Walaka! Great to see you in the spotlight! :)

Hope you'll have some time out of you busy life to relax a bit(whilst rebuilding your farm) ;)

:beer:

:thup: great to see you here and learn more about you :)

We haven't seen much of you here lately but i always enjoy your insights

And there is lots of new silicone around to burn up with us when you have the time :D

:beer: :beer:

and another :beer: for our dedicated journalist :thup:

Nice to meet you Walaka, of course now I'm repeating your name over and over. Although if I say it fast it becomes WakaWakaWaka, but that's my issue. Take care,
- Jim

Back