• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to use to clean HDD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesgig

Disabled
My computer is slowing down, so I have eliminated all unnesseccary processes, and most progams. However, some of the programs which I have deleted still appear on the "Add or Remove Programs" list and cannot be completely deleted. Is there a program that I can download that will clean up these fragments of mostly deleted programs?

Also, what is the best defragmenting program?

Is there anything else that I can do to make my drive faster?

thanks

i dont know if theres a way to remove the things in the list but it doesnt really matter if they are there (doesnt slow you down). to defrag i tried diskkeeper but thats not very good so i just use the normal windows disk defragment. and iuse regmech to repair, delete and compact my regs.

I use CCleaner to clean my HD and clean the registry. You can also use it to remove items on the ' Add or Remove Programs ' screen.

For defraging I use diskkeeper, only because I have it set to only defrag when the screen saver comes on. So whenever I'm not using my rig it is defraging as needed without me having to do it.

Back