• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with monitor choice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turtle Shell

Hey i just got a 360 and wanna get a nice tv to play it on but i also wanna be able to hook up my cable to it and use it as my monitor.My friend has something like this but i have no i idea on what to look for it all seems so confusing:confused: So my budget is 375-350 want to got widescreen 20'' if that is possable.

I dont play that much games on my comp as of now upgrading soon playing the 360 now:) so if you guros of monitors can help me out that would be great any other things that you need to know that i did not cover just let me know thanks in advance:D!>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824112182 looks like its pretty solid. 8ms, I don't know much about aspect ratio, and which is good. The resolution looks a bit odd, make sure your card can do it :D Also, make sure you have a DVI slot on your video card. It also comes with DVI cables, and according to reviews, they are very good. Mine didn't come with them, so I had to pay lots of monies at radioshack for em.

It's $25 over your budget, but it has zOMG FREE 3 DAY SHIPPING! So, if you bought a $375 monitor, and paid shipping, it would come out to be pretty much the same.

Good luck, hope this helped! :D

Doh, can't believe I forgot to tell you to also check out http://www.widescreengamingforum.com

They were very helpful when asking about a good tv/monitor. Also, keep that site in your favorites, as you will need it when you play a game that doesn't support widescreen (aka, battlefield 2).

checkout the dell 2007fpw, it's onsale for right in your pricerange right now. Dells customer service is awesome, it's the only place I know of where you can return it within 21 days for any reason, or get a replacement and you never pay shipping.

ajrettke said:
checkout the dell 2007fpw, it's onsale for right in your pricerange right now. Dells customer service is awesome, it's the only place I know of where you can return it within 21 days for any reason, or get a replacement and you never pay shipping.

I was gonna get a Dell, but the Component/Speakers [I use Klipsch now] is what sold me on the 215tw.

so the 2007fpw will do all of what i want?

use as moniyor(knew that :p)
use with 360 and it look nice(guessing yes :p)
hook up my digital cable to it??(not sure :confused:)

thanks for the help so far!

Look at this thread it might have something you would like. I'm going to try to get it tomorrow myself. It does not have component input though, but at that price it is a steal.

Last edited:
$10 price drop on the one I showed you, still free shipping, the other Tatung one is $19 shipping. So you're saving $30, but I don't know how good the resolution on the Sceptre one is.

Back