• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Swifty VGA RAM WB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a bit different from what I was expecting when I read the thread title. I was thinking system ram blocks which I wouldn't be very impressed with. It's nice to have this as an option to an existing GPU block instead of replacing the entire thing.

Now the question is, will you be able to OC your ram any more with this than with the MC14 sinks or sinkless?

Seems too expensive and awkward to be worth the performance increase over regular ol' heatsinks.

I wonder how much of a flow hit you would take with this as it splits the flow going to the GPU block. It does look like a much better alternative for those wanting to WC GPU ram as you can keep the GPU block.

Aww, thought you mean't System RAM WCing, I've actually seen that before it's pretty cool (literally too). I forget who makes it.

I'm not liking the 3/8" fittings.

Personally, I prefer the Danger Den stuff, they're excellent blocks and they'll work in a Quad SLI setup.

Seven said:
I'm not liking the 3/8" fittings.

Personally, I prefer the Danger Den stuff, they're excellent blocks and they'll work in a Quad SLI setup.

You may want to take another look as it looks to be 1/4" barbs. As the F fitting is either 1/4" x 1/4", 3/8" x 1/4" or 1/2" x 1/4" It also says "linking in parallel the 1/4" MCW-Ramcool ports "

I was talking about the RAM block only, in fact.

Ah yes, Insane Clown is right about the ram block. Those F-fittings look interesting, although a proper test of pressure drop due to the fittings would be nice.

Seven said:
I was talking about the RAM block only, in fact.

Ah yes, Insane Clown is right about the ram block. Those F-fittings look interesting, although a proper test of pressure drop due to the fittings would be nice.
What is wrong with the pressure drop graph on swiftech's site? Their data is generally very good.

nikhsub1 said:
What is wrong with the pressure drop graph on swiftech's site? Their data is generally very good.

You misunderstood my statement. I was referring to the pressure drop vs. flow rate for the F-fitting independently, just running on it's own in a system with no blocks. It seems to me like the middle part of the F wouldn't pick up that much pressure or flow from the main line.

Interesting idea though, although I'm more of a fan of the huge copper waterblock covering my GPU.

They should have made the "F" fitting more like an F, rather than a one legged "A." So that the tubing won't be so curved out.

Seems to me like the DD blocks are still a better solution... but since I have a pair of MCW60's I may just have to look into this...

The DD blocks are too heavy. A pound of copper, plus the coolant sag the cards too much. It knocks the contact with the chip outta whack. I suppose if you have a card keeper.

Back