• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Usage 25%+ After Installing P5-B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Juice_22

Registered
Since installing the P5B-Deluxe, I have noticed that the CPU Usage is constantly running around 25% with no applications open. It frustrating. All the hardware is the same from my last rig with the exception of the Asus Board. Task manager is showing me that the current running processes are not using the CPU cycles, it has to be something bundle with the Asus software. I have something called "ASUS ACPI Cneter" what is that. I don't remember even installing that. I even went through removed ALL Asus software & its still there. I figure it bloated code from some Asus driver, anyone else notice this? It a big enough concern cause those cycles are taking a hit on my performance. I have the board oc to 3.825GHz, 27% improvement in speed and yet my video encoding times have only increased by about 11% I was expecting a more significant increase in output. Any one else have this issue? I hope its something I am over-looking.

Sorry, Asus not to Blame.

I just figure it out. It was not Asus causing these problems. its the NVidia drivers. I changed my scaling preference from the monitor to the Video card and viola, CPU cycle went down from 25-30% to 0-4%. That was odd. I would have figured using the monitors scaling would have elieviated the load not the other way around. I'm glad I figured it out, I've been banging my head for the last couple of days.

Back