• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the max resolution for HDTV output?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randalthas

Registered
Since I am probably sticking with my X800 for a bit longer, I was looking at the TV output. The S-Video TV out has a max resolution of 1024x768 and looks like poop on my 27" TV. I can't read any of the test in EQ2, or Windows for that matter.

Has anyone connected one of these to an HDTV? Before I add this to my "List of reasons to get an HDTV", will the X800 drive the HDTV at a higher resolution? Or, will I still be stuck at 1024x768? I can't find a definite answer in the manual.

Randalthas said:
Since I am probably sticking with my X800 for a bit longer, I was looking at the TV output. The S-Video TV out has a max resolution of 1024x768 and looks like poop on my 27" TV. I can't read any of the test in EQ2, or Windows for that matter.

Has anyone connected one of these to an HDTV? Before I add this to my "List of reasons to get an HDTV", will the X800 drive the HDTV at a higher resolution? Or, will I still be stuck at 1024x768? I can't find a definite answer in the manual.
You're not going to get sh** for qual. out of svideo...you're going to need to go w/ either DVI or HDMI (or vga for that matter) depending on what your tv supports for it to be worth a dam*...

Does your TV have any of those three connections?

Back