• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im starting to reallllyy hate payment methods. (ANOTHER RANT)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

Okay, It seems I cant get ANY online games which require a monthly payment plan.. for one reason.. I LACK CREDIT CARDS AND CHECKING ACCOUNTS! arg.. HAvent these companies ever heard of mail orders?.. I mean I used to have AOL until I had to get rid of it.. guess why.. THEY NO LONGER TOOK MAIL ORDERS! I know a lot of people have checking accounts and credit cards, but companies should seriously look out for the minority.. New Egg does.. thats the only online parts place I am able to buy from as well.. due to.. mail orders!.. Its horrible how the world is becoming, anyone else in my same situation? The.. High schooler without a job.. without credit, and without money thing? I could pay the 15 dollars a month gaming fees, but I cannot pay the 500 dollars it takes to keep a checking account open!.. And iv tried getting credit.. "Not enough credit history" is the response I get.. IM TRYING TO GET YOUR CARD SO I CAN GET CREDIT HISTORY! GOSH!.. .. eeee.. I love ranting on here!...

as far as I know, most banks will allow you to have as little as 1$ in a checking account.....

saving accounts on the other hand.... if I dont keep at least 300$ in mine(not saying this is every banks policy), i get hit with a monthly fee. (very small, but still seriously lame...)

So go put a few bucks in a checking account and apply for the banks cc. (probably the easiest cc to get)You'll get a crappy apr at first, but as long as you pay at least the minimum ammount, you'll start to get CC offers up the you know what. I get probably 10-15 a week, its rediculous....

Then you wont have any problem ordering stuff and paying for games.

At our bank, there's a type of checking account you can get that doesn't have a $500 minimum limit. As for your bank, you should do some research on that. If they require the $500, then they suck as a bank anyway.

But yeah, I know I only have 98 cents in my checking account right now, and my bank doesn't have a problem with it.

Back