• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official guide to mining Foldingcoin (FLDC) for Team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, bitcoin seems to be dropping a fair amount. Hopefully it will bounce back.

So, does anybody need any help or any clarification on how to get things set up?

Also, should this be stickied?

- - - Updated - - -

Our Options of worth while available paypal transfer back cryptocurrency?

I'm not sure I quite get what you are asking.

I believe Coinbase will send money to your Paypal address when you cash out, but that it may take a bit. Basically, you sell your coins and then have the cash deposited into the account you designate.

yeah i am asking about startup currency for transfers.
perhaps community members with crypto currency already would accept paypal funds for their already awarded coins?

tks.

yeah i am asking about startup currency for transfers.
perhaps community members with crypto currency already would accept paypal funds for their already awarded coins?

tks.

You can buy bitcoin from Coinbase with a credit card, assuming your bank hasn't blacklisted coin buying. A Chase card worked for me, though I may've gotten in at the last minute before Chase blacklisted them.

Last edited:
I just took time to create a coinbase account.
Issues i ran into.
Unable to verify id quickly
unable to link 2 different bank cards.
fraud alert phone call
UK transfers can be allowed with close relationship with my credit union as a one time transfer i am informed.
mastercard shows up as visa.

I just took time to create a coinbase account.
Issues i ran into.
Unable to verify id quickly
unable to link 2 different bank cards.
fraud alert phone call
UK transfers can be allowed with close relationship with my credit union as a one time transfer i am informed.
mastercard shows up as visa.

I can send you a very small amount. Assuming the address you have is your signature is the one you want it in, let me know.

Just send it back once you are up and running and have your reserve.

nice job on the how-to torin :thup:

its def good to combine these two hobbies ;)

Simple Rules of Thumb Minimums?

1. Triple transfer fee amount before transfer
fldc
to exchange.
2. Transfer Fee amount remains in counterparty wallet.
3. Transfer Fee amount remains on exchange.
4. Plan on following a deposit to mine at least a Transfer Fee amount.

??

This is super interesting. How will the dip in BTC prices change the payout for foldingcoins? Any good calculators to figure out cost of power vs payout?

This is super interesting. How will the dip in BTC prices change the payout for foldingcoins? Any good calculators to figure out cost of power vs payout?

Try this one: https://curecoin.net/merged-folding-profit-calculator/

It is a curecoin tool, but it also has FLDC as a part of it. You need to get your PPD line filled out, and then the Foldingcoin difficulty. They say use the Curecoin Team's PPD as a proxy, since it is hard to find out directly. However it will actually be a bit higher (and get even higher as more people participate outside curecoin). Then you need to get FLDC to USD price (they have a link to a chart) and then it will fill in the rest of the information for you automatically. You can also add in your electricity costs for a more accurate profit calculator.

I'll add this link to the OP.

And yes, the drop in BTC will be a drop in value of most to all other cryptos.

Thanks for the link. Just messing around with it seems like a 1080ti would make around $2.30 a day before power costs? Maybe I'm entering something wrong. At least it would more than pay for the power to fold, I may have to jump back into folding again.

Thanks for the link. Just messing around with it seems like a 1080ti would make around $2.30 a day before power costs? Maybe I'm entering something wrong. At least it would more than pay for the power to fold, I may have to jump back into folding again.

Possibly. That doesn't sound too out of line. Assuming about $10K Bitcoin price, I made about $5/1080Ti/day. So at about $7K BTC with FLDC dropping somewhat relative to BTC, that seems in the ballpark.

Maybe I should pick up another 1080ti and have the two cards fold and pay it off in a couple hundred days, lol... Sadly my little HX850i probably would need to be upgraded due to all the spinners and 12 core cpu...

For my experience, I just had my foldingcoin address as my Poloniex deposit address, so the foldingcoins went straight into my Poloniex account. Normally I always keep my own wallet for coins, but since I can't do anything with them except on Poloniex, I figured I might as well. It's a bit of a risk keeping your coins on an exchange, but for me, it's not much value so I wouldn't really care if I lost my foldingcoins. If I build up enough to be worth any value, I'll exchange them for another coin or $$ and then withdraw that amount right away.

For my experience, I just had my foldingcoin address as my Poloniex deposit address, so the foldingcoins went straight into my Poloniex account. Normally I always keep my own wallet for coins, but since I can't do anything with them except on Poloniex, I figured I might as well. It's a bit of a risk keeping your coins on an exchange, but for me, it's not much value so I wouldn't really care if I lost my foldingcoins. If I build up enough to be worth any value, I'll exchange them for another coin or $$ and then withdraw that amount right away.

Just be aware that exchanges warn you to not mine directly into the wallets they host. However, that may not be an issue for FLDC, given they pay out only once a month, not constantly like most other coins.

Thinking about it, that might make things easier, but it does have some potential downsides. One of which is the exchange choosing not to help in the case of an issue.

Counterwallet has a direct exchange to BTC, though it apparently takes days to commit. So at counterparty's current exchange rate and BTC's current price, I can get about $20 a week for leaving my desktop on and folding while I'm away. If TXU won't pay me for my excess solar generation, guess I'll just have to burn through it myself :p

Thanks torin3,
Received your transfer on my side couple days ago or so.
These 290's are no longer meeting my expectation on daily output.
I also did not meet the 1 million ppd as asked of team members.
Still shuffling components around trying to see what i can do.
thanks.

Oops, ignore the PM torin, I didn't see this thread. I already have poloniex and I think I followed all steps, but, I don't really understand how foldingcoin knows to pay people, it just pays everyone with *_ALL_?

Oops, ignore the PM torin, I didn't see this thread. I already have poloniex and I think I followed all steps, but, I don't really understand how foldingcoin knows to pay people, it just pays everyone with *_ALL_?

*_ALL_wallet-address-here

Back