• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official guide to mining Foldingcoin (FLDC) for Team 32

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll have to cook 10 off before I'll show on the board.
easy enough to set up the wallet, no software to download or anything so they don't install anything on our computers.
you do need to copy and paste everything into a text document, we old folks don't have a lot of memory installed.

No underscores except for the ones either side of the ALL in the username.

Yes, that is very important. I didn't get anything for February as the underscore in my name through off the system. Now my folding name is thecultie vs the_cultie.

Well, for running 8 cards for March, getting an average of about 6M ppd, I got 29,708 FLDC. So roughly 4950 FLDC per million PPD.

Current FLDC and BTC at the moment makes that about $330 for the month. That more than paid for my electricity.

I got about $23 total. Doesn't quite cover the power cost of these old cards (R9 200 series). Highly anticipating a couple new cards as soon as prices are reasonable.

Today is payout day again. Exchange rate is favorable and it looks like 8 card netted me about $600 this month.

Poloniex delisted FLDC. Bittrex is the only exchange trading FLDC now. I've updated the OP.

Poloniex delisted FLDC. Bittrex is the only exchange trading FLDC now. I've updated the OP.

Just signed up with Bittrex, does this mean we have to change the string of characters at the end of our folding names?

Just signed up with Bittrex, does this mean we have to change the string of characters at the end of our folding names?

Yep. First I got 60m points, then I changed my name to get FLDC on counterwallet. Got 40m, and now I get to change it yet again :)

Yep. First I got 60m points, then I changed my name to get FLDC on counterwallet. Got 40m, and now I get to change it yet again :)

Only if you are mining directly into the Poloniex wallet. If you are doing it into the counterparty wallet, you don't need to change.

Only if you are mining directly into the Poloniex wallet. If you are doing it into the counterparty wallet, you don't need to change.

But then you lose some of it on the transaction fee to move it into a wallet that can actually trade for BTC :) Anyway, changing the name isn't really a problem. Now if only Stanford would come up with a mechanism to group points by passkey without actually exposing passkeys so I wouldn't be split among so many names.

But then you lose some of it on the transaction fee to move it into a wallet that can actually trade for BTC :) Anyway, changing the name isn't really a problem. Now if only Stanford would come up with a mechanism to group points by passkey without actually exposing passkeys so I wouldn't be split among so many names.

Well, this link: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userstats used to work for searching by passkey, but it looks like they redirect to the new address now. So it doesn't look like that is an option anymore. :(

Thanks Torin, I fold in to the wallet so it's all good. Although with my current production level I think I have made $2 so far lol.

Thanks Torin, I fold in to the wallet so it's all good. Although with my current production level I think I have made $2 so far lol.

Yeah, I'm down to about $100 for a month. It might be worth it to consider holding onto them until the price picks up. FLDC has been around for a few years. It may crash to zero, but if they aren't worth much at the moment, holding onto them isn't a lot of extra risk.

Yeah, I'm down to about $100 for a month. It might be worth it to consider holding onto them until the price picks up. FLDC has been around for a few years. It may crash to zero, but if they aren't worth much at the moment, holding onto them isn't a lot of extra risk.

Yes, that's my plan. Also considering going back to my original folding name so I can continue my climb where I left off.

Curious if anyone else had their FLDC show up in their wallet today. This would be my first month and I haven't seen any show up. I was afraid I had did something wrong but I see it is showing up in the FoldingCoin.net stats. So I'm not sure what is up.

Curious if anyone else had their FLDC show up in their wallet today. This would be my first month and I haven't seen any show up. I was afraid I had did something wrong but I see it is showing up in the FoldingCoin.net stats. So I'm not sure what is up.

No, it didn't show up for me either. I normally get it the first Saturday of the month. The last FLDC transaction at Counterparty for me was at the start of December.

Just checked my Counterparty wallet and still have not received my FLDC for month of December (distribution started 1/5/2019).

edit.250pm CST. Just checked again and still no distribution. Messages below from the "Discord" channel mention that a recent hardfork at Counterparty may be at fault.

Code:
The BeastYesterday at 8:00 AM
Has the December distribution been made already?

TheknystarYesterday at 8:33 AM
The distribution have been initialized https://xchain.io/address/198rVCKsKcoFmEsgwBBiDNhZvecA5zrXXq however its possibly delayed because of counterparty segwit hardfork.

pooktwoYesterday at 8:33 AM
Yeah, I’m working with tokenly about it

pooktwoYesterday at 1:38 PM
Due to the fork the servers are getting stalled. Tokenly and crew is looking into it and I will keep the community posted here

Hou5eYesterday at 7:29 PM
The distribution hasn't been sent out yet. It probably would go out in the next few days or so.

Last edited:
Back