• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I know it's old news, but FEAR is great.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mepis

I just decided to get FEAR and take a stab at playing it since everyone around here says it's such a good game. Even with my current system the game rocks.
system specs:
I have an old sempron 3100+ 64 OCed to 2 ghz at the moment
1 gig of kingston value ram
Asus k8n
ATI x1300 pro heavily OCED (Stock 500/400, OCED 600/500 and can go higher with better cooling)

I can't play the game at the highest settings obviously. AA and AF are turned off and my res is at 800x600 but everything else is turned all the way up and Im getting roughly 40-50 fps with my system. The game runs smooth and looks fabulous. It is also a little freaky and nerve racking to play at times. Just thought I would share my opinion, that this game rocks!

Sage2050 said:
I found FEAR to be a below-average FPS. but then i'm very picky about my FPS's.

I used to be very picky about my FPS's but I havnt played any real ones since UT2004 and soldier of fortune 2. I had a brief spout with Doom3 but that was mostly just seeing how hard I could push my 9500 and see what I could do. I never actually played the game. It's been a while since I've played a real game so that's probably why it impresses me so much. None the less I still find it to be an excellent game. Unfortuntly my wife works 1rst shift and goes in at 5 in the morning so I have to wait till then to play it in the dark with the sound tuned up (better atmosphere). I like spending time with my wife more then palying games.

i think its an OK game, but needs more all it has going for it are its graphics and not bad AI. mepis, use headphones they work wonders :)

eh I like BF2 and CS a bit more then fear.. the people who made fear angered me when they made th eo nline version free to all.. Since thats why I bought the game... the story is okay but not worth 40 dollars.. and the online isnt that great either.. its too fast pace.. I cant keep up..

PhysX said:
i think its an OK game, but needs more all it has going for it are its graphics and not bad AI. mepis, use headphones they work wonders :)

You seem to have forgotten the great story that came with it. I love FEAR the most because of the story.

I heard the story line was great from some and it lacked from others. So far it still seems like one heck of a game. Much better then WOW.

Well, I will say that my experience with F.E.A.R, was that it had the BEST singleplayer I have seen from a game to-date. Half-Life 2 falling right behind it.

Back