• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can I do with this? AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smitty1258

I looked around a bit, but cant seem to find any good info.

I know someone has done it before, i just want to know what I can get outta this cpu.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 Processor Model ADA4200BVBOX

I have this board ASUS A8N-SLI Premium.

this ram---> OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Dual channel

Im WC (watercooled) as well.

Last edited:
Most a64's do 2.5ghz some depending on the cooling and voltage will go higher . The only way to find out is try and oc it and see how far it goes . Every chip is different

I think my friend has that ram running at 280 1-1. I just did a quick look at the stickies and it seems your cpu isnt that popular ha. but just give it a shot. you have a decent board and ram, and if your ram doesnt wanna play fair, just run with a divider. I will warn you though before hand, if you start messing with your multiplier, and you run a memory divider, they are exclusive.
I tried this with a 166 divider and going from 8 - 8.5 was a difference on the ram of 30 mhz with the same htt.

There are a couple good stickies in this subforum about overclocking athlon 64 and all the little things you need to know to be prepared for it.
With some patience and a little luck, i would be suprised if you didnt get 2.6 or more out of that cpu. if its a more recent one =)

first you have to lock your pci bus to 33.3 mhz so it is not strapped to your fsb. then you can begin to overclock. I have my 4200 at 1.52 volts. You may not want to go that high but i have good cooling and I don't run hot (26 idle 35 load). I have mine at 2.75 GHZ and my ram runs 1:1 with that at 250 (3-3-3-8)
I can take my setup up to 2.9ghz and run my FSB at 264 with my ram at 1:1 (3-3-3-8) Stable, but I need to run 1.55v on core and 3.18v on mem to do this and that is just beating everything up. After all this is only a HTPC anyway but it used to be my main rig and did very well for me for a long time...
Hope this helps.

Back