• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Celeron 1.2 and my mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adkpat

please help) i know someone here will know, will this cpu work on an IWILL VD133PL board? thx in advance

celeron 600@1008 stable
geforce3ti 200

No. It does not have the proper northbridge/chipset (should be a 686B NOT a 686A as listed in the specifications).

The BD133U is Iwill's solution for Tualatin support.

Last edited:
Pinky said:
No. It does not have the proper northbridge/chipset (should be a 686B NOT a 686A as listed in the specifications).

The BD133U is Iwill's solution for Tualatin support.

too bad it doesnt really support it properly :mad: ....

Pinky is right.. The Tualatin use way newer technology and you'll need something like:

The first best one mostly with best overclocking, no bugs or rarely is the Abit ST6.

The second is very good the Asus TUSL2..

Don't get the iWill BDU funny person mentioned how "It'd be good if it'd actually support it" meaning he had the board and considering it was good and turned out not support it not even after the Tualatin bios upgrade...

tsunami said:
Pinky is right.. The Tualatin use way newer technology and you'll need something like:

The first best one mostly with best overclocking, no bugs or rarely is the Abit ST6.

The second is very good the Asus TUSL2..

Don't get the iWill BDU funny person mentioned how "It'd be good if it'd actually support it" meaning he had the board and considering it was good and turned out not support it not even after the Tualatin bios upgrade...

I am not sure why the TUSL2 is a decent second bet. It sounds as if the Gigabyte GA-6OXET-C with the right bios uses if needed a turbo pLL and lets you sdjust the PCI and AGP no matter where your FSB is. THat is sweet but otherwise the ST6 with the 1/4 dividers are pretty decent. You are not guarenteed 1600MHz with this chip so anything around 128MHz FSB~ish with the TUSL2 is not doable. You will not see those FSB's. I am waiting for funnyperson to tell us where his craps out at. I am hoping he hits 1600MHz otherwise that celery is somewhat wasted and you will have to run your PCI way out of spec to achieve the decent OC if it will not do 134fsb.

ol' man said:

I am not sure why the TUSL2 is a decent second bet. It sounds as if the Gigabyte GA-6OXET-C with the right bios uses if needed a turbo pLL and lets you sdjust the PCI and AGP no matter where your FSB is. THat is sweet but otherwise the ST6 with the 1/4 dividers are pretty decent. You are not guarenteed 1600MHz with this chip so anything around 128MHz FSB~ish with the TUSL2 is not doable. You will not see those FSB's. I am waiting for funnyperson to tell us where his craps out at. I am hoping he hits 1600MHz otherwise that celery is somewhat wasted and you will have to run your PCI way out of spec to achieve the decent OC if it will not do 134fsb.

Well for one the TUSL2 seems pretty stable itself as well as it can at least get some where..

:) Although were only juding from now later on there will more better bios so lets see how they go... AS for the PCI and AGP bus setting option I think that's sweet :)

Back