• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7300gt vs x1600pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

Hey all.

According to this review, the x1600 pro seems to be more poewerful and probably is much better than my 7300 since it only has a 64 bit memory controller.

What I am wondering is, will it be a significant difference? Should i trade it with the one in my htpc?

I would for some reason x1k cards tend to deal with tvs better. Also for once the x1600 series is faster then something.

x1600 is comparible to the 7600 (or should be according to ATI) so it should be better then any of the 7300s, but I wouldnt trade it in.

Some 7300gts have a 128 bit memory interface. The 7300gt is an 8 pipe card and the 1600pro is a 4pipe card.... If you get one with a 128 bit memory interface I would expect better performance from the 7300gt.

Yeah I know. its fairly crippled as it is. just wondering if it is justified. Cause I am giving up avivo if I do it and I wonder if it realy is worth it

In my oppinion, if its just an HTPC and thats all it is, then just stick with what you've got. If there was a slight performance advantage, it would be ever so slight.
I'd not worry about it too much.

Back