• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2 dual socket mobo?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Does anyone have any info about if and when dual socket AM2 mobo's will be available? If it will be any time soon I will buy a cheap micro AM2 board for now and get my first 4800 brisbane. If it will quit some time or not at all I'll look into another socket configuration.

To my knowledge there will never be a dual socket AM2 board. There will probably be quad core CPUs that run in a single AM2 socket though.

If you want dual sockets you need to look at Socket F for AMD (the chosen socket for AMD's current consumer Quad FX solution, although you would probably be better off just getting regular Opterons), or Socket 771 from Intel.

I dont think there will be anymore dual socket stuff for the common sockets anymore.. dual socketitry will be saved probably only for server sockets.. like socket 940 (not AM2) lol

If you want quad core today you should go for a Core 2 Quad. I believe when it's all said and done. the C2Q is actually cheaper than the 4x4 system.

Back