• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIW help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hmm1

Hi. I have a 9600 Pro AIW which is beginning to give me problems. I am looking for a relatively cheap AGP replacement and I have an option of getting either a refurbished 9800 Pro AIW or a refurbished X800 VE AIW. I'll be using this primarily for TV capture, but want to be able to play some 3D games as well.

I know quite a bit about the 9800 Pro and I know it will give me close to 2 times the performance of the 9600 Pro, but I can't find anything at all about the VE version of the X800 AIW card other than that it has 256 Mb memory as opposed to the 128 of the 9800 Pro.

Can anyone tell me which of the 2 cards is likely to give a better 3D graphics performance? Is the X800 VE better because of the newer chipset & the 256 Mb memory, or is the performance so hamstrung by the fact that it is a bottom of the range card that I would be better off with the older 9800 Pro ?

Many thanks.

Back