• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock ULi 1695 flashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Compliance20

Hey i was just wondering if it is possible, or if someone has done it, to flash the Asrock ULi 1695-Sata to the ULi 1695-VSTA bios, and if its possible, is there a benefit?

general rule of thumb, board specific bios or borkage will follow.....some of the DFI NF4 bios's work on different boards, but not properly, and the same can be said for other manu's with similiar board offerings.... one must use the /f command to force the flash.

if you are feeling daring and have another MB that uses the same bios chip, you can 'hot flash' the bios back and forth, it is about the only way you can pull this off at homey and do the testing yourself. then you can report back on compatibility.....

this is not to say it won't work, i am running an Arima W30 bios in my Emachines 6810 lappy so it will recognize a 4000+ 754 2.6 gig mobile properly, go figure, but it is understandable since Arima was the main manu for the Emachine/Gateway units (Emachine is just recently out of the laptop business)....

feeling daring???

go for it.

laterz,

baldy

I don't know of anyone who has done this, but it may have been done.
I would also guess that you wouldn't have very many problems doing it though. The only real differences between the boards are in the audio and some of voltage options (if I remember correctly, there may be more differences). The dual VSTA also has fewer front USB headers.

That said, there probably wouldn't be any real improvement from using the VSTA bios, I mean the sata bios has been refined, refined, and refined over again until it runs real smoothly. The only benefits would be negated by the hardware differences in the two boards (for example, the new audio on the dual VSTA).

Back